Author Topic: Activating my NanoBoard 3000 Altium license  (Read 2134 times)

Offline ArzneiTopic starter

• Contributor
Activating my NanoBoard 3000 Altium license
« on: October 16, 2018, 05:00:58 pm »
Hello,

I am completely new to this whole Altium stuff. I just recently bought an Altium NanoBoard 3000 which was never used by its previous owner and should have an unused Altium (Softdesign) license still available. I did manage to install Altium Designer Summer 09 and it does recognize the board and offers me to register my 12 months subscription. However when I try to actually register my account with the software I get the following error message:

Error from portal1.altium.com : 500 Internal Server Error
Error from portal1.altium.eu : 404 Not Found
Error from portal1.altium.com.cn : 404 Not Found

I understand the board is pretty old and the Altium Designer Summer 09 is also old, but is there a way for me to activate my license? From what I can tell using Altium Designer is the only way to program the NanoBoard so it would be a real shame if it were just bricked like that.

Thank you for any help!

Offline ANTALIFE

• Frequent Contributor
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    • Muh Blog
Re: Activating my NanoBoard 3000 Altium license
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2018, 11:00:13 pm »
Have you had a look here:
https://techdocs.altium.com/display/ALEG/Altium+Designer+Summer+09+-+Downloads

Also are you you using a private licence?

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2018, 06:28:22 am »
Thank you, I have had a look at that site and downloaded the updates for the software. However I am not sure what to make of the Private License Server. I wouldn't mind to install it but currently I don't have a license - I'm trying to generate one, but Altium just shows me the errors.

As far as I understand the NanoBoard has a unique ID and when starting Altium Designer it connects to the board and tells me there is a license available for it. It just seems the old version of Altium Designer (Summer 09) can't talk to the current activation servers. I tried using portal2 instead of portal1 but that didn't help either.

Is there a way to download newer versions of Altium Designer from their website? I tried signing up for the 15 day trial but so far I only got an email telling me someone would get in contact with me. I was hoping maybe I can use a new version to activate the license for the old version?

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2018, 11:33:53 am »
Well I just had a conversation with Altium support and they basically told me the NanoBoard is no longer supported and they don't have any way to activate the license for me. So basically that NanoBoard can now be considered a brick, since programming should have happened through Altium Designer.

Offline ANTALIFE

• Frequent Contributor
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    • Muh Blog
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2018, 11:31:19 pm »
Yea had a feeling that might be the case, see my PM

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf