Author Topic: Altium About To Slash Prices On Designer?  (Read 20279 times)

Offline dr.pancake.pajamas

Re: Altium About To Slash Prices On Designer?
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2017, 08:54:02 pm »
asmi: it's funny you brought up sym/fp/3d for parts...I JUST used something called ultralibrarian for orcad - the orcad came wiith a free sub to it and I just used it for a part I needed - pretty awesome.  when I first talked to the sales girl I asked about organizing parts and she ssaid theres something called cip to do that.  I  dont have enough parts yet for it to be a problem

Offline asmi

• Super Contributor
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2017, 10:40:36 pm »
asmi: it's funny you brought up sym/fp/3d for parts...I JUST used something called ultralibrarian for orcad - the orcad came wiith a free sub to it and I just used it for a part I needed - pretty awesome. 
Yea, I know about that, but I'm still on a trial version, so I don't yet have access to UL. Still, their "Create part from spreadsheet" is very good - it allows to create a table in Excel, and then just copy-paste it there.
But I meant mostly organizing physical files with padstacks/footprints/3d models, as each one of them is a separate file, so just dumping them into single folder will quickly create unmanageable mess.
when I first talked to the sales girl I asked about organizing parts and she ssaid theres something called cip to do that.  I  dont have enough parts yet for it to be a problem
You should've asked her how much is it :-DD

Offline tszaboo

• Super Contributor
  • Current job: ATEX product design
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2017, 09:02:14 am »
Talking about libraries, I actually don't reuse much of them.
That is OK, but unlike students, engineers have deadlines. I have so many libraries, that I can roll out simple PCB design in a day if necessary.

Any news of the price drop?

Online AndyC_772

• Super Contributor
  • Professional design engineer
    • Cawte Engineering | Reliable Electronics
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2017, 09:57:01 am »
Sometimes I work with PCBWay, sometimes WellPCB, sometimes OSHPark, sometimes WEDirekt, and each fab has their own min feature rules, and I optimize footprints accordingly.

Yikes.

Online ajb

• Super Contributor
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2017, 05:18:25 pm »
Well, so much for that rumor.

Quote from: Altium Account Manager
Subscription renewal rates effective October 2017 for all customers who have yet to renew are set to increase.
License purchase rates are increasing effective September 18th 2017. Any license purchased before September 18th will be honored at the lower previous price.

Subscriptions are going up by about a hundred bucks.  Not sure on the license pricing.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf