Author Topic: Altium Designer: Delete parts in Schematic & Board simultaneously  (Read 2716 times)

Offline SirrCharlesTopic starter

Altium Designer: Delete parts in Schematic & Board simultaneously
« on: September 15, 2018, 03:03:09 pm »
Hi Guys,

My goal is to delete and add parts in both Schematic & Board simultaneously.

I'm coming from Eagle where when you, add, delete or modify parts or nets
the schematic it automatically updates in the board as well.

In eagle board and schematic are always synced.

In Altium i have a hard time deleting parts
in both schematic & Board simultaneously.

Is this possible? Using Altium 17

Thanx
-Charles

« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 03:20:18 pm by SirrCharles »

Offline ajb

• Super Contributor
Re: Altium Designer: Delete parts in Schematic & Board simultaneously
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2018, 10:27:49 pm »
In Altium, you make the changes in one place (usually the schematic), and then (D)esign->(U)pdate or (D)esign->(I)mport to synchronize between schematic and board. 

You can also enable Cross Select Mode (under tools) so that selecting a part in the schematic will select it in the PCB and vice versa.  Note that in a multi-channel design you'll need to be in the compiled view, not the editor view (tabs at the bottom of the schematic window) in the schematic for selection to work properly.

For all of this to work properly, you'll need to make sure your component links are accurate, under Project -> Component Links.  Copying and pasting or inserting snippets can sometimes break component links, which will break all kinds of things, but it's usually fairly easy to fix.

Offline SirrCharlesTopic starter

Re: Altium Designer: Delete parts in Schematic & Board simultaneously
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2018, 05:53:52 pm »
In Altium, you make the changes in one place (usually the schematic), and then (D)esign->(U)pdate or (D)esign->(I)mport to synchronize between schematic and board. 

You can also enable Cross Select Mode (under tools) so that selecting a part in the schematic will select it in the PCB and vice versa.  Note that in a multi-channel design you'll need to be in the compiled view, not the editor view (tabs at the bottom of the schematic window) in the schematic for selection to work properly.

For all of this to work properly, you'll need to make sure your component links are accurate, under Project -> Component Links.  Copying and pasting or inserting snippets can sometimes break component links, which will break all kinds of things, but it's usually fairly easy to fix.

Thanx for your response :) figured it out now.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf