Author Topic: Altium designer v14 interactive routing  (Read 2300 times)

Offline grouchobyteTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Altium designer v14 interactive routing
« on: March 03, 2017, 04:44:36 am »
Maybe I am missing something in using AD14, but when doing an interactive route it wants to dim all the layers so I am kinda blind while trying to route a net. Of course when I use Shift-S I get single layer mode but still not much better. The pcb editor preference settings for gray shade or monchrome do little to allow me to see where I am pushing the track around.

Is this as good as it gets vis a vis interactive routing? I like Altium and its capability, but sometimes the mere bloat of this tool makes me miss the simplicity and retardedness of Eagle

@grouchobyte

• Regular Contributor
Re: Altium designer v14 interactive routing
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2017, 06:05:37 am »
Thanks Blueskull

Thats helpful. Also hitting L makes stuff visible. I knew there was a way to do it, its just like most cad tools....frustating until you finally discover the solution

@grouchobyte

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2017, 12:33:54 pm »
Thanks Blueskull

Thats helpful. Also hitting L makes stuff visible. I knew there was a way to do it, its just like most cad tools....frustating until you finally discover the solution

@grouchobyte

Learned from Tim, @t3sl4coil.
BTW, ctrl+lclick on a net (pad, track, poly, shape, etc.) highlights a net, ctrl+lclick on nowhere restores highlighting and net selection.

Ya Tim is pretty amazing. I agree. You are not too shabby yourself Blueskull.
Me?. I am just old and crusty. 38 years in this field and I still know nothing

@grouchobyte

Offline T3sl4co1l

• Super Contributor
  • Expert, Analog Electronics, PCB Layout, EMC
    • Seven Transistor Labs
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2017, 12:52:42 pm »
I still sometimes find things I didn't know were there, by randomly mashing keys...

Most shortcuts can be found on the menus, or on the ~ list.  There's also a shortcuts panel, but I don't get how you're supposed to scroll through the list while you're in an interactive mode.....

On a related subject, did you know CTRL+0 hides everything in Microsoft Excel, and CTRL+SHIFT+0 doesn't do the obvious (unhide everything), so you're stuck?  Yeah, I found that out recently...

Tim
Seven Transistor Labs, LLC
Electronic design, from concept to prototype.
Bringing a project to life?  Send me a message!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf