Author Topic: Altium how to make it to follow net connection order..  (Read 2252 times)

Offline karaposuTopic starter

Altium how to make it to follow net connection order..
« on: July 14, 2018, 01:16:13 pm »
Hello All;

I am building a circuit board for my balance robot. I am familiar with altium and have no problem with it. But i decided to it would be better if i add "slide swicth" to my circuit because i dont want to plug on/off my lipo wires

here is my schematic :

schematics is perfect. Problem is with pcb design tool. My first thought was to remove all power conns and after auto routing place them manually. But i notice altium pcb designer doesnt allow me to make connections if they are in schematic design. My main language is not english. If you can tell me which term describe my problem i can search it online. Connection orders seems not accurate

Thank you all
Kayisi Muhendisi
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 01:20:20 pm by karaposu »

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
Re: Altium how to make it to follow net connection order..
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2018, 02:20:27 pm »
Welcome to the forum.

Double click on VIN to get to it's Properties and assign it to the 5V net. There'll be a netlist from which to select it.
Occasionally you get footprints that you have to do this with.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

The following users thanked this post: karaposu

Offline karaposuTopic starter

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2018, 04:17:48 pm »
Welcome to the forum.

Double click on VIN to get to it's Properties and assign it to the 5V net. There'll be a netlist from which to select it.

Thank you for answering. Should i do that in pcb or schematics?  In pcb design i am able to click pins but there is no such a thing as a 5v net. I am assuming i should do  that setting on schematics. Also assuming that i should have use net labels? I just make the connections never thing about power line etc. What is correct way to do that ?

this is how auto-route works out :

Offline JS

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2018, 09:03:00 pm »
Don't use sitio route...

I think you can make a selection of the area to autoroute and route only the things inside

JS

If I don't know how it works, I prefer not to turn it on.

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2018, 11:24:47 pm »
Welcome to the forum.

Thank you for answering. Should i do that in pcb or schematics?
Best in schematics and then update changes to the PCB.

In pcb design i am able to click pins but there is no such a thing as a 5v net. I am assuming i should do  that setting on schematics. Also assuming that i should have use net labels? I just make the connections never thing about power line etc. What is correct way to do that ?
Assign a unique Net Label to each of your power rails then ensure the IC pin it supplies is assigned to that net.
Right or double clicking on pins or devices allow you to reassign pins to their correct nets.

this is how auto-route works out :
Auto-route is very useful to help with component placement and that's about all until you go to some lengths setting defaults to have it laying out as well as you can do it. For final trace layout don't use it.

Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf