Author Topic: Automated Fanouts in Altium  (Read 3113 times)

Offline rfbroadbandTopic starter

• Supporter
Automated Fanouts in Altium
« on: March 16, 2018, 03:08:56 pm »
I am curious as to what kind of automated fan out features Altium supports.

For example, a 13 by 13 BGA:
Can you auto generate arrays of vias that are placed between the balls, automatically connected to the BGA pads according to constraints one can specify (via type, spacing rules, centering, alignment  etc). After auto fan out do the vias and traces from pad to via belong to the BGA and can you copy the fan out structure to other components in the design....etc.

if there are any particular automated fan out features that you like, please mention them.

thanks

Offline Mars

• Contributor
Re: Automated Fanouts in Altium
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2018, 03:23:40 pm »
This feature is so poorly implemented in Altium (currently failing in version 18.1) that you should not, for medical reasons, attempt to do this for all but the most trivial cases. Having tried and failed to auto-fanout a BGA with blind vias for the last 90 minutes of my life, I've reached the point where I rather shoot myself in the face than to try to pursue this matter further. My last gasp google search attempt led me to this god-forsaken thread and it will also end there. Good luck and if you work for Altium and read this I'd also like to take on the opportunity to say a warm Fuck You Very Much.

Merry Christmas and all the best!

XXX

The following users thanked this post: envisionelec

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf