Author Topic: How to safe multiple components (schematic + layout) as "building blocks"?  (Read 1381 times)

Offline YsjoelfirTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Hi everyone,
since I am progressing in my learning of altium designer I noticed that I often use the same circuit multiple times in different projects, for example the standard "Connector + rectifier + cap + 7805" thing. Now I remember that I heard somewhere of the possibility to group multiple objects and safe those as a seperate building block which can be used over and over again in any new design without the need to place every component and rout them at the PCB again. Sadly, even with some time googling and searching on altiums tech docs I couldn't find what I was looking for.
Am I a mistaken and this feature doesn't exist, or am I just not finding the information I need? And if so, could you point me to it?
Thanks in advice!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 06:40:01 am by Ysjoelfir »
Greetings, Kai \ Ysjoelfir

Offline ajb

• Super Contributor
Altium calls these "snippets".  The schematic and PCB snippets are handled separately, so component links aren't made automatically.  This video shows how to use them: http://www.altium.com/video-how-employ-snippets-design-reuse

The following users thanked this post: cgroen

Offline YsjoelfirTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Thanks! Some things are so easy when you just know their names... :)
Greetings, Kai \ Ysjoelfir

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf