Author Topic: Creatin Schematics Library: Keeping position of certain pins and text fixed?  (Read 2378 times)

Offline hkBattousaiTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
I have created an opamp library.

I use it in the circuit without any problem.

However, if I rotate or flip the opamp vertically, its power pins and their text labels also change location.

In a standard opamp symbol, the positive voltage pin is always on the top, and the negative voltage pin is always on the bottom. How do I keep these pins and text labels always in their originally defined locations.

Online David_AVD

• Super Contributor
Just unlock the pins after the flip and move them to where you want them?

Offline Precipice

• Frequent Contributor
or, in this case, you could put the power pins in another subpart.
But I'd just stick with unlocking and shifting the pins. (However, beware updating the part from the library!)

Online David_AVD

• Super Contributor
I've been meaning to split the power pins out into a separate part on some of the older components in my library.

Doing that also allows you to swap the op-amps around (for better layout routing) without having to move the power stuff (supply nets and decoupling caps) at the same time.

Offline hkBattousaiTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
I've been meaning to split the power pins out into a separate part on some of the older components in my library.

Doing that also allows you to swap the op-amps around (for better layout routing) without having to move the power stuff (supply nets and decoupling caps) at the same time.

Like this?

« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 07:05:30 am by hkBattousai »

Online David_AVD

• Super Contributor
Yes, but I simply make a rectangle with the two power pins.  Doing a picture of the chip seems like way to much effort!  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf