Author Topic: Drawing subscript/superscript  (Read 5817 times)

Offline crispytatoTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Drawing subscript/superscript
« on: October 20, 2016, 11:42:00 am »
Hi all,
I've been working on a project in Altium recently, and for the first time I've been making a bunch of schematic symbols from scratch for my personal library, rather than modifying existing ones or finding them online, already made.

I've stumbled onto an issue I can't seem to find an answer for, even with many google searches using all sorts of keywords.  I would also like to be able to place subscript or superscript in a pin name, for example DOUT. Or, for that matter, using sub or superscript in other places in AD would be cool too.  I'm aware of using backslash to create a bar above a character for an active-low function, so I'm guessing this is possible, somehow. I've tried all the basic escape characters like * or #, and had no success.

I assume a function this simple would be included in the software, but as with a lot of stuff you can do in AD, it always seems to be well hidden, to all but the most long term, dedicated users.

I have AD16 at the moment, if that's important.

Thanks!
Chris

Offline drane2

Re: Drawing subscript/superscript
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2016, 09:04:46 pm »
I don't believe this is possible, only because I've never seen it done before. Personally, I would just emulate the effect with a combination of upper and lower characters.

Online T3sl4co1l

• Super Contributor
  • Expert, Analog Electronics, PCB Layout, EMC
    • Seven Transistor Labs
Re: Drawing subscript/superscript
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2016, 12:45:34 am »
Nope. Very limited formatting, for good reason I would suppose.  (Though the lack of Unicode support is, I think, a historical issue.)

Use mixed case, or separators (hyphens or underscores, most often), to name things.

Tim
Seven Transistor Labs, LLC
Electronic design, from concept to prototype.
Bringing a project to life?  Send me a message!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf