Author Topic: [SOLVED]Altium direct-connect leaves slivers around pads & vias ?  (Read 2361 times)

Offline smoothVTerTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Using Altium v16.1.12

When making a ground pour, I have all my rules set to "Direct Connect" and my polygon pour settings are set to "Pour Over Same Net Objects":

When a Gerber export is done, I notice that ground vias ( which I've connected the ground pour to, by net ) have tiny little slivers around them.   These slivers are apparent in Altiums CamTastic view as well as any other external Gerber viewer ( such as gerbv ).  For example, in the image below, there's a non-GND via all the way on the right side of the image, and directly to the left of this is a via on GND.   There are slivers of copper missing from around the via periphery:

• Does anybody have an idea as to the source of these missing copper slivers and how to fill them in?
  • Do PCB manufacturers already know how to handle this kind of malformed gerber data and if so, is it really a problem
    that requires fixing?

« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 09:09:21 pm by smoothVTer »

Offline dimkasta

• Regular Contributor
Re: Altium direct-connect leaves slivers around pads & vias ?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2017, 08:40:18 pm »
These are thermals

Look for the setting that removes/adds them on vias

The following users thanked this post: smoothVTer

Offline smoothVTerTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Re: Altium direct-connect leaves slivers around pads & vias ?
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2017, 09:08:25 pm »
Ah yes ... that did the trick. 

For reference with anyone else having this problem, my error was that I had originally set the default via-connect style as in the picture below:

But the correct setting for direct-connect for all other vias not part of the higher priority rules is:

Altium users:    remember to set your default connect styles for all other vias using the ALL/ALL keywords.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf