Author Topic: Button PCB Trace  (Read 4568 times)

Offline logictomTopic starter

• Supporter
Button PCB Trace
« on: March 05, 2012, 12:48:56 am »
How would I go about creating a pcb trace for a button like in the image attached?
I'm only able to draw traces horizontally, vertically and at 45 degrees which looks a real mess.

Offline Rufus

• Super Contributor
Re: Button PCB Trace
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 01:27:55 am »
How would I go about creating a pcb trace for a button like in the image attached?
I'm only able to draw traces horizontally, vertically and at 45 degrees which looks a real mess.

Traces can be drawn at any angle and you can manually set x,y coordinates of the start and end of a trace, there are no real restrictions. Release 10 has a polar grid option but it probably isn't worth setting one up for this.

For the above pattern the simplest method would be to draw two vertical trace 'fingers', select one and from the move menu rotate selection to rotate it about the centre by 9 degrees. Select them both again and copy then select paste array from the paste special dialog which will let you paste an array of 20 in a circle.

Offline logictomTopic starter

• Supporter
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 11:54:14 pm »
For the above pattern the simplest method would be to draw two vertical trace 'fingers', select one and from the move menu rotate selection to rotate it about the centre by 9 degrees. Select them both again and copy then select paste array from the paste special dialog which will let you paste an array of 20 in a circle.

Thanks Rufus, that was spot on what I needed - makes the job easy when you know how :)

Offline gxti

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 12:41:41 am »
In case you wanted to know how to draw tracks at any angle, pressing shift-space while drawing a track will switch modes.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf