Author Topic: sheet properties, where the fhell is it?  (Read 8411 times)

Offline CopperConeTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • *knock knock*
sheet properties, where the fhell is it?
« on: December 28, 2017, 11:57:30 pm »
I want to change my sheet size from an A. I can't find the sheet properties they speak of. It's extremely frustrating.

Offline T3sl4co1l

• Super Contributor
  • Expert, Analog Electronics, PCB Layout, EMC
    • Seven Transistor Labs
Re: sheet properties, where the fhell is it?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2017, 01:44:22 am »
Design/Options (D, O).  You can set the sheet size manually, but you'll probably want to create your own templates including title block and default parameters.

Select a different template using Design / General Templates / [whatever].  You need to specify the path to your templates, and then they will show up in this menu.

Incidentally, the "standard" sheet sizes are nonsense.  'Letter' is not 8.5 x 11".  Better to set it custom.

Tim
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 01:46:06 am by T3sl4co1l »
Seven Transistor Labs, LLC
Electronic design, from concept to prototype.
Bringing a project to life?  Send me a message!

Offline ajb

• Super Contributor
Re: sheet properties, where the fhell is it?
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2018, 08:48:29 pm »
You can also just double click outside of the page area, this will bring up sheet properties in both AD18 and previous versions.

Incidentally, the "standard" sheet sizes are nonsense.  'Letter' is not 8.5 x 11".  Better to set it custom.
Huh?  In AD17 and earlier sheet size is specified in schematic grid units (0.01in)*, but they appear to be right to me.  In AD18, sheet size is specified in mils, which is still a little silly, but somewhat less arbitrary.

* This also holds for importing DWG/DXF into the schematic, FYI, which isn't documented anywhere I've seen. Not sure if that part's changed in AD18.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf