Author Topic: Online DRC after update PCB documents takes forever!  (Read 10276 times)

Offline slow_riderTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Online DRC after update PCB documents takes forever!
« on: December 14, 2014, 02:03:11 pm »
I just finished a schematic with about 16 op-amps and about 60 other components. I go to update PCB document.... and after clicking execute changes the bar is taking forever to complete. After 10 minutes it is about 30% done. I went to DRC and removed all the checks from online checks but does not seem to made any effect. Is this normal? I am running a pretty new machine that handles SolidWorks without too much trouble and in general I don't think it's a hardware thing. I'll appreciate suggestions!

Offline T3sl4co1l

• Super Contributor
  • Expert, Analog Electronics, PCB Layout, EMC
    • Seven Transistor Labs
Re: Online DRC after update PCB documents takes forever!
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2014, 02:38:15 pm »
Yeh, how many lines are in the ECO?  Thousands?

Typical seems to be maybe five lines per second, so an update to a brand new PCB file can take minutes.

It should not be taking ten minutes or more.

As far as I know, nothing in the PCB view (DRC, rendering or other) is active during ECO.

Are there any issues with file access, perhaps from working off a network drive?

Tim
Seven Transistor Labs, LLC
Electronic design, from concept to prototype.
Bringing a project to life?  Send me a message!

Offline slow_riderTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2014, 08:09:43 pm »
All the files are located on my hard drive... I also came back and saw that it placed most of the components one on top of the others so now everything is grouped in an impossible way and when I tried to move this bulk (since Altium placed it way outside far from the board area) it started with the DRC again... Oh man...

Offline free_electron

• Super Contributor
    • SiliconValleyGarage
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2014, 04:42:12 pm »
change the drc choices in the drc manager

T-D , click 'rules to check in the left pane.
you get a grid. in the column 'online'  disable all but short circuit , clearance , net antennae

in your project settings : C - O  under class generation : turn off rooms if you don;t use those.

in the design rules  D-R  disable all but clearnace,planeconnect,polygonconnect,unroutednet and width.

your machine should now blast through the online checker.  the other stuff you really dont need during active layout. ( unless oyu are doing controlled impedance , bga fanout etc )
those can be run in the batch processor as part of the release
Professional Electron Wrangler.
Any comments, or points of view expressed, are my own and not endorsed , induced or compensated by my employer(s).

The following users thanked this post: photovore, dansku

Offline shakaibsafvi@gmail.com

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2016, 09:03:12 am »
Hi
If you have used Teardrops, try removing them and route the whole board. Then add Teardrops, Polygon Pours, DRC etc....

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf