Author Topic: Opening component datatsheets in external acrobat (Altium)  (Read 4538 times)

Offline AlfBazTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Does anyone know what setting to change to have altium open a datasheet in adobe acrobat?

I just did a complete OS re-install and although I saved my prefs, loading them didn't fix it.
At the moment its just opening a blank tab.

Online David_AVD

• Super Contributor
Re: Opening component datatsheets in external acrobat (Altium)
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 10:55:19 pm »
I just added a pdf to an Altium project and it opens up in Acrobat Reader correctly.   I've not changed any settings relating to that as far as I know.  :-//

Offline AlfBazTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Re: Opening component datatsheets in external acrobat (Altium)
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2013, 08:37:18 am »
Thanks

I was referring to a schematic component, where you right click, select references and then a list of documents you may have for that component comes up

When I selected one it was coming up as a blank tab named Task.PickATask. Then I got confused with the option to open an external browser for web urls, thinking there was one for pdfs as well

In this new windows install my data drive where the data sheets reside is now D: where it use to be E: so now all the links in all the libraries and schematics are broken :palm:

I wish there was a way to implement relative paths, that way datasheets could live in a subdir within a main library folder that could be moved and used anywhere

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf