Author Topic: Penalty for a lapsed subscription?  (Read 2386 times)

Offline Pack34Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Penalty for a lapsed subscription?
« on: September 19, 2017, 02:42:18 pm »
I'm a bit concerned by Altium subscription is going to lapse for a month or two. We're hiring another EE and intend to re-up the subscription, buy a second license, and invest in the vault. But the process is dragging and I'm having an issue getting AP in my company to split the purchase order to buy the subcription now and buy the rest in November.

The Altium rep seemed to dodge the question on the phone. I'm assuming he's worried about losing the 14k sale and only having the 1k. Probably already told his boss it was locked in, etc.

Am I screwed if the subscription expires for a month? Or will the rep likely work with me? I have six weeks to get this sorted.

Offline tszaboo

• Super Contributor
  • Current job: ATEX product design
Re: Penalty for a lapsed subscription?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2017, 03:38:45 pm »
They were nagging me to extend the subscription for 1-2 months after it expired. On phone and mail, multiple times...
But you know, it could be different from company to company.

Offline ajb

• Super Contributor
Re: Penalty for a lapsed subscription?
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2017, 12:03:51 pm »
From what I've heard, if you want to renew a lapsed subscription, you'll have to pay for whatever the subscription would have cost while it was lapsed plus 'a bit'.  No real idea how much "a bit" is, but that could be a good way to light a fire under your AP folks (or get your boss to light a fire under them, whatever works for you).  Altium sales reps seem to have a good bit of leeway, so if you're upfront with your rep about how you WANT to renew but that you just can't drag a PO out of your accounting department in time, they might cut you some slack and skip the penalty.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf