Author Topic: Polygon plan doesn't appear in the gerber files  (Read 1918 times)

Offline alex934Topic starter

• Contributor
Polygon plan doesn't appear in the gerber files
« on: September 16, 2016, 02:27:25 pm »
Hi everyone,
I have a board with components on the top layer and electrodes on the bottom. On the bottom there are 20 electrodes and one polygone plan which is intricated between all the electrodes to fill the board.
See in attachment the two first images.

So in my project everything looks good.
I generated gerber files (Files->FabricationOutput->GerberFiles) I choose all the layer (to be sure everything is in it) and I generate the .CAM first (see cam.png in attachment)
In the Cam, my bottom layer looks okay, I can see my polygone plane.
 But after that when I do Export->Gerber , If I look at the .gbl (which is the gerber bottom layer), It seems that the polygon plan is not there (see gerber.png in attachment)

Did you have the same issue?

Thank you very much

Online T3sl4co1l

• Super Contributor
  • Expert, Analog Electronics, PCB Layout, EMC
    • Seven Transistor Labs
Re: Polygon plan doesn't appear in the gerber files
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2016, 06:19:56 pm »
Why would you export gerber from CAM?  It's already in gerber!

Export from CAM has known issues, besides.

Tim
Seven Transistor Labs, LLC
Electronic design, from concept to prototype.
Bringing a project to life?  Send me a message!

Offline kiran_shrestha

• Regular Contributor
  • Kiran
    • shorted wire
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2016, 06:09:36 am »
I think you are confused...  :scared: .. the first picture shows your poly on bottom layer.. and ur gerber output shows same thing in top layer(red).
-------------------------------------------------------------
Thats all

Offline julianhigginson

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2016, 10:01:41 am »
As already mentioned - once you have a camtastic running, (as shown in your third screenshot - polygonPlan.png)  that's the gerber viewer - so you've already got the gerbers somewhere! and those gerbers have the electrodes plus the groundplane, just like in the screenshot from the PCB editor shown above it.

No need to regenerate new gerbers while viewing your gerbers in the gerber viewer.

The weird thing is what's that last screenshot meant to be? looks like a single layer gerber view where now you have the electrodes on another layer?? what did you do to get that?? showing at least the layers panel as well as the editor panel would be useful here!

Anyway - What happens if you use an outjob file to generate the gerbers?
The outjob file is an awesome tool for keeping your project outputs consistent, and recommended over add-hoc artefact generation available any other way.

I prefer to put the gerbers straight to disk when writing gerbers, then load them up separately to have a look.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf