Author Topic: Project files gets constantly automatically deleted or write protected  (Read 1476 times)

Offline PlectoTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
I've been having this issue for a while. While I'm working I quite often get an error when trying to save, telling me that I cannot save. When trying to save again it suggest saving it as "copy of...", which I do. The result is that my projects are filled with files called "copy of copy of copy of...." and such. I have my projects in a folder synced to Google Drive and I'm using Altium on two different computers. I though the problem had to do with me sometimes forgetting to close Altium on one of the computers while trying to save on the other, but it happens regardless of whether altium is up and running on the other computer. It can also happen many times while I'm working, I can save the file 4-5 times then suddenly the file is no longer there and I'm asked to save a "copy of..." instead. What's going on here? :(

Offline mars01

• Contributor
Re: Project files gets constantly automatically deleted or write protected
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 09:40:07 am »
More generally, most cloud storage services can do that because if you save often you may be trying to do it exactly when sync is happening. Dropbox is doing it, too. In the end it depends on how fast your cloud storage and your Internet connection is.

Offline PlectoTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Re: Project files gets constantly automatically deleted or write protected
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2018, 05:09:07 am »
So if I save at the same time syncing is happening, it decides to first write protect the file and then delete it? How come google drive doesn't have a better way to handle crashes like that? :( I can try to disable syncing while I'm working and see how that works.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf