Author Topic: PSA: Do not install Microsoft creators fall update if you use Altium  (Read 13865 times)

Offline mrpackethead

• Super Contributor
  • D Size Cell
Re: PSA: Do not install Microsoft creators fall update if you use Altium
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2017, 06:29:48 pm »
Thanksf or the heads up on that.

Dblibs and the database ( its mysql ) has become so critical to my operation that its scary. Loosing it would mean we would stop work.     

We have created a custom python/flask web based application that does all our library management, but it goes further than that...vWe now track all our inventory with the same database, and we use the database for creating pnp machine files.   Its a massive time saver.    The next thing to do is to automate the creation of part purchasing orders...

On a quest to find increasingly complicated ways to blink things

Offline D3f1ant

• Frequent Contributor
  • Doing as little as possible, but no less.
Re: PSA: Do not install Microsoft creators fall update if you use Altium
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2017, 07:46:27 am »
So the bug I mentioned with drag and drop has been confirmed by Altium and they are working on a fix. It only affects the Fall Creators Update. M$ have introduced mouse gestures or something, even tho there are currently no settings for it. If you have videos scaling set to anything other than 100% it won't affect you either apparently.

Drag and Droping tabs actually still works, but you have to 'throw' the tab rather than simply dragging and dropping gracefully. If the mouse isn't moving why you let go of the button, it doesn't work.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf