Author Topic: Rip-up a power plane  (Read 1972 times)

Offline hansibullTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Rip-up a power plane
« on: November 28, 2016, 10:02:48 am »
Hi!
I'm creating a PCB where I created a ground plane with rounded edges to fit the board. Problem is, the plane is covering the while board, and traces on the other layers are hard to see even if the transparent mode is selected.
Are there any way to hide or rip-up the polygon like you can in Eagle, without deleting it?

Offline BradC

• Super Contributor
Re: Rip-up a power plane
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2016, 11:48:14 am »
Shelve it.

Offline hansibullTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2016, 03:21:45 pm »
Well, that was hidden deep in there! Thanks  :D

Offline julianhigginson

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2016, 11:12:12 pm »
If this is a plane on its own layer (ie not a broken up polygon pour over a tracking layer) You can also use plane layers. defined in PCB stackup.

They are drawn negative, so show up nice and see-through when they're holding a single whole board net. (you can also easily cut through those with drawn lines if you want, and assign different nets to different unconnected areas)

You can also use the view setup to make polygon pours shown as draft or invisible.
right click on PCB: options > Show/hide
Or just hit Ctrl+d

Draft View mostly turns the polygon display off, but leaves a basic tint in place, and a few edge details here and there so you know it's still there. Hidden View makes it completely invisible, so isn't recommended if you tend to forget what you've done or you share designs with others. This feature, not used carefully, can really drive someone mad. Especially someone not familiar with the design or with Altium.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf