Author Topic: Selecting all components in a Variant  (Read 3181 times)

Offline RudolfETopic starter

Selecting all components in a Variant
« on: March 19, 2014, 10:14:47 pm »
Hello everyone,
I'm trying to select all the components within a variant that I've set up. The purpose being to add a specific parameter to each or to modify a parameter of those components. I don't see anything within the 'Find similar object window' to only select a non-X'd components. I also tried the SCH Filter. None of the parameters within the Helper seems to fit what I want to do. And SCH List doesn't really have the filter I want either.

When I generate a BOM, there is a fitted column... I basically want to select based off of that parameter but I can't figure it out. Anyone else?

Offline pa2ees

• Contributor
Re: Selecting all components in a Variant
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 04:16:54 pm »
I agree that it doesn't seem possible to use a schematic filter to select only fitted components of a specific variation.

However, I think I might be able to help you solve your problem.

Go into the Variant Manager (click on the PCB icon next to the variant drop-down menu, or click on Project -> Variants...)

Under the 'Fitted Components' section, you can right click anywhere and choose 'only show varied components' if that's a filter that you want.

You can also click on the 'Fitted' heading under the variant name, and it will sort the components by whether they are fitted or not.

Then you can select multiple components, either by click->drag, or by selecting one and shift selecting another to select all components in between the two, or by ctrl-clicking on each component you want selected.

Once you have them selected, you can modify their parameters in the 'Component Parameters' section.

As far as I can tell, there is no way to filter the schematic based on variant parameters, or parameters modified for a specific variant.

- Erik

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf