Author Topic: Solidworks MCAD Collaboration gone from 16.1.12  (Read 2237 times)

Offline D3f1antTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
  • Doing as little as possible, but no less.
Solidworks MCAD Collaboration gone from 16.1.12
« on: August 24, 2016, 11:05:26 pm »
I did the update to .12 and it has removed my Soldiworks MCAD Collaboration and replaced it with Solidworks PCB Collaboration which asks for a serial number. Anybody have this problem?
I've logged a support ticket but have a project sitting here that I can't carry on with without a lot of messing around. Might have to revert to previous version.

My subscription is valid until 2018...I have bad feeling about this.

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Solidworks MCAD Collaboration gone from 16.1.12
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2016, 05:10:22 am »
So the official word from Altium is I have to run the old version of AD if I want one keep using my MCad.. so my subscription that I am paying for is essentially useless.

Not happy.

Offline BMF

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2016, 01:38:51 pm »
My guess is that Altium will add the feature to a higher end EDA tool. I'm done with Altium. I'm saving my subscription fees to put towards another package.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2016, 08:03:24 pm »
The short term fix is to use the offline installer for an older version, install the plugin, then upgrade AD but don't upgrade the plugin.
The serial/key for the new plugin is now supplied by the Solidworks reseller but they didnt know anything about it.

Even though I got it working, I'm back to using import/export step models. I never liked having to use 'managed' projects anyway, there nothing but headaches with that Vault thing.
Once I got the plugin it working, my existing managed projects complain about them not being in the Vault (I guess I should have backed it up before reinstalling windows).

I deleted the SVN sub folders, uninstalled Vault, and recreated the projects as unmanged. Problem fixed. KISS for the win.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 08:18:51 pm by D3f1ant »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf