Author Topic: Support SLA for Altium Support.  (Read 2378 times)

Offline mrpacketheadTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • D Size Cell
Support SLA for Altium Support.
« on: August 17, 2015, 06:31:53 am »
Last year i had an absolutely crap experience with ALtium who really were just useless at supporting us. Given that they liked to charge what can only be described as large sums of money for support, I thought it would be good to ask them for a support SLA.   i.e, 

What do i get for my money.

All I got from them today was " we'll try to respond within 2 to 3 working days ".

Has anyone got anything more definitive from there.

I'm at my ends wits. I spent a lot of cash with them last year for a small company, and now need to buy another 3 licences, but frankly i'm at a point where i'm ready to say good bye to them.    Theres a guy in the Sydney office who shouldn't be allowed to talk to customers.
On a quest to find increasingly complicated ways to blink things

• Super Contributor
  • D Size Cell
Re: Support SLA for Altium Support.
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2015, 06:34:39 am »
oh ps..

"No we don't, the agreements are here: http://www.altium.com/eula but aren't SLA's for support. EEVBlog is excellent (he's in Sydney too) and also the Altium forums are excellent https://forum.live.altium.com/ but most members are in USA/Europe."

I hope that Altium is paying you lots of cash Dave, for the "excellent" job you are doing saving them have to do the support work that we pay for.

I'm a normal level headed and rational person, but gosh, Altium are just hard work.

• Super Contributor
  • D Size Cell
Re: Support SLA for Altium Support.
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2015, 09:07:15 pm »
after a discussion last night with Altium,  The "subscription" for Altium is'nt really for support at all. It just covers software updates.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf