Author Topic: Trying, without luck, to add an intlib after creating a schematic  (Read 4673 times)

Offline bobpullfordTopic starter

1. I was given a schematic and an intlib file that has footprints for that schematic
2. I opened and modified the schematic first
3. Later I installed it the intlib
4. When I try to update the PCB from the schematic, it says footprints not found
5. thanks - I've googled etc for about an hour but no luck - I've often found answers on EEV blog in the past but now is the first time I've actually asked a question - it might be a very basic thing but I'd stuck - thanks for reading :)

Offline T3sl4co1l

• Super Contributor
  • Expert, Analog Electronics, PCB Layout, EMC
    • Seven Transistor Labs
Re: Trying, without luck, to add an intlib after creating a schematic
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 10:31:03 am »
I prefer putting the library in the project, rather than installing it.

Did you verify that the footprint names are correct?  Are they set to "look in library on path xxx" or "any"?

Tim
Seven Transistor Labs, LLC
Electronic design, from concept to prototype.
Bringing a project to life?  Send me a message!

Offline pa2ees

• Contributor
Re: Trying, without luck, to add an intlib after creating a schematic
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2014, 02:55:31 pm »
Open the properties for one of the components in the schematic (double click on the component, or right click -> properties)

Click the 'Validate Link' button.  If you get a message like 'Component Not Found In Libraries', click 'Choose...', select your library, and find your component.

Next verify that there is a footprint listed in the 'Models' section of the component properties.  Click 'Edit' under the footprint, and in the dialog box that comes up, if the Description says 'Footprint not found', then click 'Browse...', select your library, and find your footprint. 

If a footprint is not listed there, add one, and all should be well.

This will verify that Altium can find all information about your component, and will allow successful update of the PCB from the schematic.

- Erik

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf