Author Topic: #179 – Greg Charvat Returns With A Book!  (Read 2768 times)

Offline GiskardReventlovTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
  • How many pseudonyms do you have?
#179 – Greg Charvat Returns With A Book!
« on: February 12, 2014, 08:38:14 pm »
Interesting episode. I have a different feel for radar now and it just doesn't sound intimidating.  I may even get the book....well maybe if it's at the library (doubtful), ok maybe used on amazon.  Using it in a car makes a lot of sense because as he said you can really accurately define objects in rain, shine, blizzard, sand storm, fog bank, whatever in 3 dimensions. Those are useful characterisitics.

I thought about getting my HAM too but my desire to do so fizzled. I have enough things to do.

The parking pucks are interesting, what happens when I put a faraday cage over a puck? Does a parking droid show up? How long will it take for the protocol to be reverse-engineered? I'll give it a month after public deployment.  Or has it already been?

• Frequent Contributor
Re: #179 – Greg Charvat Returns With A Book!
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 09:04:11 pm »
I noticed now that comments are also on the theamphour.com site for each episode. Is that site a different demographic?  Why bifurcate the episode discussion? I don't really want another account so it's easier to comment here.

• Frequent Contributor
Re: #179 – Greg Charvat Returns With A Book!
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 08:43:29 pm »
I think you answered your own question.

You mean to say it is a different demographic?  Seems plausible. Did you hear this episode? It seems well suited for this forum's demographic too.  So the mystery remains as to the demographic of the AmpHour.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf