Author Topic: #195 portable workbench  (Read 3785 times)

Offline GreyWoolfeTopic starter

• Supporter
  • NW0LF
#195 portable workbench
« on: April 23, 2014, 04:07:51 pm »
Chris, I understand where you are coming from.  I have had to travel to other states for my company and I bring my tool bag with me in my checked luggage.  I have had to go to the TSA approved locks because my tools seem to flag.  My beef was that I had my multitool stolen from my bag.  Yes, it is not a $5000 lens, but it is still a tool I use for work and my personal property.  Whatever system works for you to get your equipment where it needs to go.  I am a gun owner and have a concealed weapons permit but I think if shipping the case was more practical and cost effective, I would opt for that over packing my gun in the case.  My license is accepted in quite a few states, but not all so I am leery about packing my gun.
"Heaven has been described as the place that once you get there all the dogs you ever loved run up to greet you."

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
Re: #195 portable workbench
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 07:38:37 pm »
As opposed to a gun simply have as part of your tool case a few very sharp knives, in sheaths to keep them safe. Over 10cm ( 4 in) long they are classed as equal to guns for the TSA, so they go in a locked sealed etc bag. Fits all the criteria, and they are allowed in most places that are gun free as "work related tools" with little hassle.

Offline orion242

• Supporter
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 03:14:22 am »
Let me start with...I think everyone is entitled to have your opinion.

IMHO the TSA is only a hassle for the general population.  Just this week a kid sneaked on a plane on the tarmac.   Do you think our senators and congressmen go through the TSA as the rest of us??   Are we really safer???

My main issue would be a government that wants to remove my protection.  Our country was founded on tossing out pricks.  If the population is reduced to tossing stones, what happens if the a foreign force moves in?  What if the current government decides to turn on the population?

I would like to think my neighbors and society in general can conduct itself in a civil manor.

No checks, no balance.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 03:26:15 am by orion242 »

Online Towger

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2014, 04:50:08 pm »
You should do some flying outside the States and Europe. All those rules for nail clippers and over 100ml containers of liquids etc have long gone. Proper metal knives and forks when served on board etc. Even when flying Philippines Airlines you can drink from your 1L bottles of water all the way through security and they will not bat an eyelid.  BTW: Philippines Airlines is the only airline which have had a plane blown up by a binary liquid explosive.

Offline orion242

• Supporter
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2014, 01:49:08 am »
I have a fair deal.  Last time was to a little island where the airport wasn't much more than a single runway and mobile home for a terminal.

No tsa there....

We are the only fools still paying for this nonsense.   :palm:

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf