Author Topic: Episode 287 - Email server  (Read 3833 times)

Online IanJTopic starter

• Supporter
  • Full time EE & Youtuber
    • IanJohnston.com
Episode 287 - Email server
« on: February 20, 2016, 11:55:16 am »
Hi all,

Listening Dave and Chris talking about using GMAIL (web based client) in order that their email is available from multiple PC's etc..........just wondered why you guys weren't using IMAP protocol, that way you get a full local app installed (Thunderbird, Outlook etc) but the server stores the email folders & data and you just cache locally. All PC's at all locations sync up.

.............or am I behind the times!!!

Ian.
Ian Johnston - Original designer of the PDVS2mini || Author of the free WinGPIB app.
Website - www.ianjohnston.com
YT Channel (electronics repairs & projects): www.youtube.com/user/IanScottJohnston, Twitter (X): https://twitter.com/IanSJohnston

Offline photon

• Regular Contributor
Re: Episode 287 - Reasons for a good debugger
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2016, 06:01:31 pm »
There was some discussion in this episode for the need of a capable debugger. I think that your debugger capability requirement is inversely proportional to how familiar you are with the design. From my experience you always, it seems, are given a bug to fix in which you know very little about the system.

Offline AdamHi

• Contributor
Re: Episode 287 - Email server
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2016, 05:48:24 pm »
. . .  why you guys weren't using IMAP protocol,
.............or am I behind the times!!!
Maybe i'm behind the times too  :-//, but I'm still happy with Thunderbird using IMAP protocol on my home Windows desktop and laptop, and being able to use web based access from other places. Best of both worlds.
---adam

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf