Author Topic: The Ah #53  (Read 4141 times)

Alex

The Ah #53
« on: July 26, 2011, 09:56:01 pm »
Happy birthday  ;D

Chris, Dave and guests, congratulations for making it this far with all the great episodes, carry on doing whatever it is you are doing.

W.O.W. should be great, I believe fuelshark is what you were after. Plenty of items to flame can be found here: http://www.chindoguawards.com/

like this panormaic camera:

And a minor correction, the chip of the week is actually a non-contact IR temperature sensor, so it measures the temperature of an object in its field of view like a non-contact IR thermometer. Possibly useful for production applications or when the target surface is not stationary (eg the rotor of a motor).

Offline Rufus

• Super Contributor
Re: The Ah #53
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 07:14:06 pm »
And a minor correction, the chip of the week is actually a non-contact IR temperature sensor, so it measures the temperature of an object in its field of view like a non-contact IR thermometer.

Melexis also make pyrometers with an I2C interface in TO39 style cans. They can be quite difficult to use because they are extremely sensitive to thermal gradients across the package. I think they use a platinum RDT to measure their own temperature, wonder what the TI part uses.

Offline CodeDog

• Contributor
  • cave canem
Re: The Ah #53
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 01:00:29 pm »
@ ~ the 36 minute mark ... Dave struggles with the origin of the expression
about taking a left turn at Albuquerque ...

... it comes from bugs bunny, who regularly used the expression
whenever he surfaced from burrowing and found himself in a strange land ...

... ah, you whippersnappers probably don't even know who bugs bunny is  :P

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf