Author Topic: Uploading episodes to YouTube  (Read 3158 times)

Offline ChrisGammellTopic starter

• Supporter
    • Chris Gammell's Analog Life
Uploading episodes to YouTube
« on: July 15, 2013, 03:03:05 am »
What is it about YouTube that draws people in? I have no idea, but we're working on it anyway.

We've talked about doing it for a while, but TunesToTube.com allows us to upload episodes easily (never knew that existed).

So do you think people are more likely to listen (or "watch") on YouTube?

Offline mariush

• Super Contributor
Re: Uploading episodes to YouTube
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 03:14:04 am »
I wouldn't use a site like that to create videos and especially give it authentification info to my account.

Making such videos is very easy, if you put the mp3s in some easy to download ftp location or http folder I would even offer to make the videos for you... 

You could get people to transcribe the shows for something like 10$ an hour and make the video write what's spoken as a sort of extended subtitle (of course you could actually use youtube's subtitle system then but not all users know to enable it or it's not suported on mobile players etc). 

Or just use the descriptions in the blog to add some life to the video ... the only thing extra needed would be times when the audio starts speaking about a particular line in the description.

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 04:30:23 am »
That service looks easy peasy.

I use Youtube a bit for songs. If I've got an urge to listen to a song, my first port is usually just youtube search it and play it. Much easier than trying to find a torrent and download that just for one play.

Offline AndreasF

• Frequent Contributor
    • mind-dump.net
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2013, 06:22:32 am »
I think one nice (for you) thing about YT might be that The AmpHour would then start to show up in the "related videos" section, so that people not familiar with it may discover it.

Personally I wouldn't listen to it via Youtube, as I use iTunes on my phone to listen to it on the way to/from work.
my random ramblings mind-dump.net

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf