Author Topic: Zach's episode (#332) was great!  (Read 3996 times)

Offline vinicius.jlantunesTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Zach's episode (#332) was great!
« on: February 08, 2017, 12:20:15 pm »
I just listened to the episode with Zach Barth (#332) and it was amazing.

Dave, you gotta do that "let's play" video you guys talked about in the show. I think it would be interesting to see.

Online EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
Re: Zach's episode (#332) was great!
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2017, 01:52:03 pm »
Yep, want to give it go, but other things have priority at present.

The following users thanked this post: vinicius.jlantunes

Online Berni

• Super Contributor
Re: Zach's episode (#332) was great!
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2017, 02:22:16 pm »
Would be interesting to see Daves approach in these games, they do feel like designing a device.

Only thing is that these zatchtronics games usualy need to get a few hours in to figure out the game mechanics before you get to the interesting engineering solutions. First levels tend to be a tutorial and example of how certain parts work Just like you fist have to learn how to light up a LED with a battery, how to use a transistor, how RC circuits work etc... before you can be be tasked to design a circuit for blinking LEDs in a certain pattern.

Actually if a zatchtronics-ish game used a real circuit simulator as part of its game engine it could make a excellent educational game for teaching people electronics. Basically take a circuit simulator, add goal conditions, add parts restrictions, introduce gradual unlocking of more parts to avoid being overwhelming. introduce a scoring system, make a bunch of levels and there you go.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf