Author Topic: What type of battery choices.  (Read 2589 times)

Offline montclerTopic starter

• Contributor
What type of battery choices.
« on: June 25, 2012, 06:29:09 pm »
Hello,

First of all forgive my mental chaos but about the world of batteries is very little or nothing ...!

I am doing a project that will be powered by a battery or rechargeable battery, the circuit is equipped with a battery charger circuitry that supports these varieties (Li-Ion, Li-Polymer, NiCd, NiMH, Lead Acid) (I_Max 2 Amps , cells between 1 and 4 and the input voltage between 5 and 32 volts). (NOT FOR CAR CHARGING BETERIA!).

My question is what kind of battery as I can put the box where the circuit will be housed inside the car and know that when a car is closed under the sun can be achieved within temperatures ranging between 30 and 80 degrees Celsius.

I noticed that these (Li-Poly) has many terminals and want to know what they are good, also they are very special that can burst and you have to have many things in mind when loading ultimately seem more delicate than the others and I wish it was not a battery in that complicated.

I can put that battery to last me only with batteries 2 to 3 days, they are best.
The batteries are 1300mAh are of 1.3 Amps or not has nothing to do what the circuit consumes mAh.

Circuit characteristics of the project: V_In: between 7 and 9 Volt
                                                      I_max: 350mA and 750mA between (Min and Max)

Ultimately I would like a battery in not too difficult to load and I lasted 2 to 3 days if more mAh battery better than I have to buy.

Thanksgiving Greetings.

Online Psi

• Super Contributor
Re: What type of battery choices.
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 01:50:38 am »
In some countries it's against the law to have a lead acid battery inside a car (were people are) due to the hydrogen gassing and acid/explosion risk.

The law is intended to stop people relocateing their car battery to inside the car, but i think the wording would apply to any lead acid battery. So if your product is for inside a car you might want to keep this in mind and avoid lead acid batteries.

This law definitely comes into play when trying to modify a car to be electric using lead acid batteries. The batteries must either be external to the passenger area or encased in an airtight box with failsafe extraction fans to the outside.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 01:56:00 am by Psi »
Greek letter 'Psi' (not Pounds per Square Inch)

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 02:53:41 pm »
Thank you,

But you did not answer my questions ..

Greetings.

Offline G7PSK

• Super Contributor
  • It is hot until proved not.
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 05:39:20 pm »
You can get lead acid batteries with a catalytic converter which recombines the hydrogen and oxygen and returns the resultant water to the cell. This is nothing new Edison took out a patent on it in 1912.

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 09:14:47 pm »
Hello,

As call this type of batteries.
As I can calculate the battery and Ampere, which consumes the circuit without using a token, as it does not seem reliable, there is some formula.

Greetings.

Online Psi

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2012, 11:29:32 pm »
Thank you,

But you did not answer my questions ..

Greetings.

i dont know of any that are rated to run at 80 degrees Celsius
Greek letter 'Psi' (not Pounds per Square Inch)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf