Author Topic: 6040 4axis CNC router help  (Read 1686 times)

Offline JbensonTopic starter

6040 4axis CNC router help
« on: February 29, 2016, 12:49:34 am »
I purchased a 6040 4 axis CNC Router milling engraver from China. I'm using mach3 software which is a really cool program. The program is setup in inches.I tried the road runner example that comes with Mach3 and the first thing I noticed was that the engraving came out about an 1/8the size of what it was supposed to be. I recently purchased Vcarve, another awesome program, and using one of there programs I had the same result. The controller that came with the router is unlike anything I can find on the Internet and the manual that came with it only covers the assembly of the router itself. It has an LED display and some adjustments that you can do but I have no idea what they are. I'm thinking that since it is routing the way it is with two different programs that the controller maybe the problem. It has "jd inverter" written on it. Has anyone ran into this or have any idea what it could be. I would appreciate any help I can get.

Offline Fred27

• Supporter
    • Fred's blog
Re: 6040 4axis CNC router help
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 10:50:28 am »
You might have to be a little more specific.

Mach3 allows you to set the number of steps per unit on each axis. Try adjusting this.

The "jd inverter" may be to control the spindle rather than the stepper motors. Don't mix these up!

There are plenty of CNC forums around that might give you more useful information.

Offline DroneBuster

• Contributor
    • razgunas.lt
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2016, 07:28:01 am »
Also check that your G code is in inches too.

Offline collingtech

• Contributor
  • !
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2016, 02:27:55 am »
you need to calibrate units too, inside of your gcode translator/program  (solidcam,mastercam etc)  and mach 3 settings , post your mach 3 settings :0)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf