Author Topic: A double breadbaord  (Read 3756 times)

Offline danshtrTopic starter

• Contributor
A double breadbaord
« on: November 09, 2014, 06:03:57 am »
Hi All,

I was looking for a special breadboard. I could not find it, mainly because it was hard to me to describe what exactly I am looking for.

So I decided to build a demo of it on my own, in the hope that someone knows where to get such a thing.

Here is a link to a youtube video, which show what I am looking for:

This home made board has two breadboards on it. The top breadboard is just a regular breadboard.

The lower breadboard is connected to the upper breadboard, where each point on the lower breadboard is connected to the same point port on the upper breadboard.

This way the lower part can be used to user interaction, and the upper part for wiring.

If anyone knows where to get one of these, please let me know.

Thanks, Dan
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 06:36:42 am by danshtr »

Offline homebrew

• Frequent Contributor
Re: A double breadbaord
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2014, 08:55:13 am »
No, I don't know of any premade PCB like that. The guy in the video obviously used some wires to accomplish that.
But you can always fabricate your own breadboard. Some people go really advanced on that.

Look at Mike's board for example: http://www.whitewing.co.uk/protoboard.html

Offline RobertHolcombe

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2014, 09:15:37 am »
Its hard to tell from the video exactly what type of boards you're using but it looks like plated through-hole proto board, and I don't think there are any pre-made multi-board (stacked) options

Can you post a photo of the board? I'm interested to see what you've done

Offline george graves

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2014, 09:44:08 am »
Breadboarding like that is a PITA.  You only do it when you have to, and it's not...

1.) fun
2.) easy
3.) repeatable.

Much easier to etch your own boards, and stack them with headers, or wires.

Offline denelec

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2014, 03:02:03 pm »
What you have is a veroboard rather than a breadboard.

This company sells double sided veroboards:
http://www.veroboard.com/veroboard-circuit-prototype-double-side-pth-c-49_63.html

Offline danshtrTopic starter

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2014, 06:26:20 am »
First off all, I am a beginner in electronics. My formal education is completing the "Make electronics".

During my studies, I found myself struggling with user interface elements on a breadboard. There are so many wires around, above and below the push buttons/LEDs/7-segments/dot matrix/what ever else. It is very hard to see the output, press a button or to turn a dial.

So I was thinking why aren't there breadboards with a wire area, and no wire area, that every point on the "no wire zone" will be connected to the same point on the "Wire zone" area. That way the user interface components will be on the "no wire zone", while the real wiring will be on the "wire zone", connecting everything together.

But I couldn't find such, and it was really hard for me to explain what I was looking for. So I have decided to build a demo to show what I am looking for, in the hope that someone knows of such ready to buy breadboard.

Offline sunnyhighway

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2014, 10:33:08 pm »
Why not get an extra large breadboard?
Plenty of space to make the wires go around the the thing you don't want covered in wires.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf