Author Topic: Am Looking for 12Vdc battery to 240Vac Grid Tie Inverter  (Read 1868 times)

Offline MechatrommerTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
Am Looking for 12Vdc battery to 240Vac Grid Tie Inverter
« on: October 15, 2014, 06:29:03 pm »
looking in ebay i mostly found "solar" to "grid" inverter which cannot be hooked directly to 12V LA battery as input sigh. here's what i want to do basically... i have storage battery that are charged externally, dont ask where from it can be anything solar, wind, sweat whatever. the point is, charging/storing to 12V battery is the crucial part. if while charging or not, when its decided the battery have enough juice (voltage check), the battery energy, including the "externally charging" energy (if any) will be feed to home grid to make electricity bill cheaper. if battery do not have enough juice, then inverter will turned off and the home will use normal mains grid power wait until some charging to bring back the battery juice/volt level. the power is not much, just for personal home use in range of maybe 500W - 2KW. any suggestion of the device (grid tie inverter) that can do the job? (12V battery as input).

maybe this? but i believe this is not "grid tie" inverter that i can directly connect to grid right? i will need separate grid tie inverter?
http://www.ebay.com.my/itm/OPTI-SOLAR-HYBRID-INVERTER-2400W-24V-PURE-SINE-WAVE-WITH-CHARGE-REGULATOR-50A-/301327416749?pt=UK_Gadgets&hash=item4628837dad#ht_4897wt_1125

or maybe this one? but its pricey. its hybrid can take solar and wind and MPPT stuffs which probably i dont need. any cheaper than this?
http://www.ebay.com.my/itm/3000w-Solar-Hybrid-inverter-off-grid-On-grid-max-PV-input-4500w-/131214685480?pt=AU_Solar&hash=item1e8d013528#ht_7053wt_1125

i only need battery as input and converted to grid, thats it. thanks for suggestion.
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Offline Lightages

• Supporter
  • Canadian po
Re: Am Looking for 12Vdc battery to 240Vac Grid Tie Inverter
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 07:06:38 pm »
You will want a 24v or 48v inverter. Have a look at the Schneider/Xantrex SW and XW series of inverters. They fo what you want.

Offline MechatrommerTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
Re: Am Looking for 12Vdc battery to 240Vac Grid Tie Inverter
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2014, 05:14:39 pm »
man thats huge! i believe the price is also proportional if not exponential. re-installation of my home distribution box, finding room for it is another big story.
http://www.solarelectricsupply.com/solar-inverter/schneider-electric-xantrex

isnt there any simpler that i can plug to the power outlet anywhere in the house? i'm thinking at the back of my house is the right spot for the setup (battery room + the inverter).
the cost of running the cabling from batteries at the back to the front side of the house to reach those schneider XW alone can be a pain in the arse.
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf