Author Topic: Amprobe AM-510 Test Leads - Removable Safety Caps?  (Read 1265 times)

Offline UnadanTopic starter

• Contributor
Amprobe AM-510 Test Leads - Removable Safety Caps?
« on: July 02, 2017, 06:20:07 pm »
Just got my Amprobe AM-510 in earlier today.  I'm a total newb so please be gentle!  The test leads that came with the unit have "safety caps" near the tips.  If I want to expose more of the metal of the test leads can I remove the safety caps by just popping them off?  They don't seem to unscrew but the caps do loosely rotate around the metal leads.  How do they come off?  Or are they supposed to always be installed?

• Contributor
Re: Amprobe AM-510 Test Leads - Removable Safety Caps?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2017, 06:49:46 pm »
Disregard I figured it out.   ;)

Online alm

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2017, 08:13:43 pm »
To prevent the next person who has that problem from doing a search, finding your thread and then being frustrated by the lack of a solution, could you post it?

The following users thanked this post: Unadan

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2017, 08:18:25 pm »
Yes - I watched a couple of Youtube videos concerning differing test leads and discovered that the safety caps simply just pull off from their base thus exposing more of the metal of the lead itself.  There is a small indent in the larger bottom barrel of the safety cap that holds it in place.  You have to pull relatively hard to get them off.

To prevent the next person who has that problem from doing a search, finding your thread and then being frustrated by the lack of a solution, could you post it?

The following users thanked this post: alm, Electro Detective

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf