Author Topic: charging 1865 batteries that are connected in series.  (Read 1121 times)

Offline hatokayTopic starter

charging 1865 batteries that are connected in series.
« on: October 16, 2018, 07:57:50 am »
hey guys, i have an idea to make a diy 3d printed drill, i use a 12v dc motor and three 1865 li-oh batteries in series to get power.
my question is, can i connect the batteries in parallel at the same time and charge them with a battery charge module without a it getting short?

btw, the battery pack is just two batteries in the bottom and one on top (like a piramide) i just soldered them in series.

Offline sstepane

• Regular Contributor
Re: charging 1865 batteries that are connected in series.
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2018, 08:02:01 am »
Hi,

You can utilize some charger, like SkyRC Imax b6 (there are couple of versions and lots of clones) to charge any pack with or without balancing its cells. A charger like this will cover almost every type of packs/chemistries you'll come across.

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2018, 08:07:18 am »
thanks for the quick answer, but the thing is that the battery pack is going to be closed inside the plastic and its + and - will be connected to the motor.
my question is, can i connect wires in parallel at the same time? get those wires to a external port and charge the battery pack as its connected in series to the motor and in parallel at the same time?

Offline ogden

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2018, 08:13:37 am »
thanks for the quick answer, but the thing is that the battery pack is going to be closed inside the plastic and its + and - will be connected to the motor.
my question is, can i connect wires in parallel at the same time? get those wires to a external port and charge the battery pack as its connected in series to the motor and in parallel at the same time?

Why don't you draw schematic? Perhaps while drawing - you can find answer yourself.

Offline sstepane

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2018, 08:30:09 am »
That's one of the reasons to use imax b6 or equivalent. That way you can solder connectors for charging and balancing (whichever you'll like) and make these wires or connectors out of battery pack, so every time you need to charge it - just plug in to charger. That will be your custom charging port for frequent use.

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2018, 12:48:52 pm »
thx for the help man, the solution is actually very simple, i just need a 3s bms to charge the battery while they are in series.
btw plunging the batteries in series and parallel at the same time dose create a short lol.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf