Author Topic: Anyone using the PROXXON(GERMANY) Soldering Iron?Feedback appreciated please?  (Read 4650 times)

Offline swisshoTopic starter

• English,Living in Norway(12 years)married A viking
 :DHello Everyone,
This post relates to the PROXXON Soldering Iron? I like PROXXON Tools The quality is superb! But when I first deicded to buy Modelling Tools DREMEL was the only real choice! must admit have being very dissapointed in the Quality of DREMEL Accessories?Wish I could go over totally to PROXXON but i can not afford it.

But all is not lost! I just Discovered PROXXON Make  what sounds like a very nifty SOLDERING Iron? I had posted a thread earlier on Soldering Stations,so this is an extention of that:-

http://www.tool-shop.co.uk/Proxxon/12+Volt+Tools/Proxxon/28140+Soldering+Iron+EL12/28140+Soldering+Iron+LG12.html
Just wondered if fellow members had any feedback on this Iron

many thans Steve :-+

Offline mikeselectricstuff

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
Looks like it's only 12 watts, which is not adequate
Youtube channel:Taking wierd stuff apart. Very apart.
Mike's Electric Stuff: High voltage, vintage electronics etc.
Day Job: Mostly LEDs

Offline madires

• Super Contributor
  • A qualified hobbyist ;)
If you're looking for a simple inexpensive iron I'd recommend an ERSA Multitip 25.

:-+ mikeselectricstuff & madires
Many thanks guys I appreciate your feedback1  :-[OOps i had not noticed the Iron was only 12 watts
sorry about that,shows how lacking of knowledge I am.

not to bothered about cheap iron as long as it`s quality item.On my soldering stations thread I was asking about the HAKKU station but this is $285 and maybe even that is maybe over the top as I only intend Railway layout elctrical repairs and maybe? some rail joining,but thats it! I already own an ANTEX 25 watt but the concensus was go for at least something more powerful?

so all suggestions welcome
regards Steve :-+

Offline madires

• Super Contributor
In that case a station from XYTRONIC might be interesting for you (80W for €70 at www.reichelt.de).

Hi madires  :-+
Many thanks for you reply and the link to the Xytronic station,much appreciated.Must admit have never heard of them? must be a chinese item,Just how good are they?the reason I ask I have to import to Norway and that cost me 35% vat (including collection fee) as Norway not in EU, and I do not mind paying this,as long as my choice as to be the right one! proven track record is important

best wishes Steve :D

Offline madires

• Super Contributor
Many thanks for you reply and the link to the Xytronic station,much appreciated.Must admit have never heard of them? must be a chinese item,Just how good are they?the reason I ask I have to import to Norway and that cost me 35% vat (including collection fee) as Norway not in EU, and I do not mind paying this,as long as my choice as to be the right one! proven track record is important

They aren't the best but ok for hobby use.

:)madires hello again

Really appreciate you reply,I will wait a little and see if there are any more suggestions before finally choosing the Iron/Station?
reagrds Steve

Offline tld

• Regular Contributor
    • Personal Website
Elfa carries Xytronic in Norway, so you can buy locally if you'd like. Prices start at NOK 424,- (excluding taxes and shipping, but shipping isn't horrible, and they're usually available over the counter in Oslo).

Clas Ohlsson also carries what I believe to be a Hakko-clone.

(not affiliated with either store)

tld

Hello tld :)
Firstly many thanks for your feedback and the links I had missed the Xytronics @Elfa
I ahd seen the HAKKU clone but as it did not have digital readout,dismissed it.
will give it some more time and see what happend then make the choice

regards Steve :-+

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf