Author Topic: Assistance on identifying components  (Read 1186 times)

Offline jeftiTopic starter

• Contributor
Assistance on identifying components
« on: April 10, 2017, 02:11:28 pm »
Hi all,

I am busy on reverse engineering a PCB from a radio direction finding antenna. My prototype is about 90% done, and I would like some opinions on my component identification.

In the first picture, I believe that the green component is a 1 uH inductor, like this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/10x-Drossel-radial-1-H-2-5A-RM5-7-5x11mm-LHLC06TB1R0M-1uH-/231227036049?&_trksid=p2056016.m2516.l5255

Also in the first picture, I believe that the capacitor is a 10 PF one. Is this correct? What does the point behind the 10 mean?

In the second picture, I believe that the capacitor is a 100 pF one, again, is this correct?

Thanks for your time!

Offline Trooper_Dan

Re: Assistance on identifying components
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 04:46:53 pm »
Yea those are caps I believe the value is correct u can check Google for 10pf in the future

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Offline PA0PBZ

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2017, 06:13:40 pm »
I think you are correct with the values. I also noticed that the other 2 components have the same dot, why I have no idea.
Keyboard error: Press F1 to continue.

Offline jeftiTopic starter

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2017, 07:48:48 am »
Thanks for the input guys. I think i'm on the right track then.

One more thing, there are a couple of Baluns visible on the picture. Is there a way that an amateur like myself can analyse these? I've found some that are reasonably similar in size, but I believe that the material also makes up a great part of the specs. I do have some signal generators and oscilloscopes laying around, only no spectrum analyzer or anything. Any input would be helpful.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf