Author Topic: Atten AT-H150 any opinions? About Atten or this scope in particular?  (Read 3698 times)

Offline fazz33Topic starter

• Prototalk
I've been doing a bit of shopping and I'm in need of a portable oscilloscope (as in I'll a bench top is not an option, I already have one and I cannot bring it with me that is not possible). Also this is not for work it is for my personal use but due to new circumstances at my new job won't be able to take my bench top.  I understand the limitations of these things and currently I'm only working/playing with arduinos/Attiny85/atmega328 and arm M0+ and other relatively low freq boards so super high freq work is not a requirement and I typically am fine with just 1 channel although it is annoying to keep switching it's manageable. I also typically don't play with big voltages or such.

My questions is how is the general quality of Atten products and if anyone has any experience with their hand held ones? I've not been able to find any reviews of this model but I find it very interesting because it has a good 200Msps and a crude built in function generator. I'm guessing with it's sample rate it should be able to handle a 20Mhz signal no problem which is just around the ball park of what I'd like.

If this is not recommendable does anyone have one that is within the price range? I found this for about 260 Canadian dollars before tax :)

Cheers

Offline T4P

• Super Contributor
    • T4P
Re: Atten AT-H150 any opinions? About Atten or this scope in particular?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 06:59:35 pm »
STAY AWAY. A MILE AWAY
It's not made by Atten per se but it's utter rubbish. If you seriously want a good portable chinese oscilloscope it's a Hantek then.
A cheap and GOOD low-bandwidth one are the ones from UNI-T (UT81B/C if you can find the C model outside china)
I'd rather you buy a Rigol or a Owon for just a bit more money and they aren't really so big you can't carry them, hell it's smaller than my laptop + lighter too!
ARM Cortex M0 runs at roughly 24MHz but still, stay away from that scopemeter

• Prototalk
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 07:12:19 pm »
Ah ok that's a pretty clear answer. I won't buy that. I did look into the UNI-T UT81b as well and it looked interesting. There was also the Velleman HSP140i which seemed a bit comparable although looking at the forum history it seems the Velleman isn't as good. I'll look into some OWON and Hantek ones for now and keep my options open.

I bit the bullet and bought one of these http://www.testequipmentdepot.com/owon/hds-series/hds1021m.htm from this place. It was the same price as the atten one I was going to get and it seems to be regarded as a 1/2 decent one.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 09:09:14 pm by fazz33 »

Offline dr_p

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2012, 09:24:46 pm »
I'm on the lookout for a portable scope too and I'm sold on the Hantek 8060, mainly because of the built in function gen. 60Mhz scope at 250Ms/s (new ones) and 25Mhz generator. It can even record a wave on the scope, save it (up to 15 ! ), and then play it back on the wave gen. They both work simultaneously, actually the probe compensation signal comes from the generator, it doesn't have a separate 1kHz square out. Bonus is a 1% :-- DMM that's isolated from the scope, so you can use them simultaneously. :-+

I have sourced one locally for the equivalent of 600$ and I'll probably have it soon.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 07:40:40 am by dr_p »

• Prototalk
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2012, 10:11:11 pm »
That looks really nice! Unfortunately it's too rich for my blood. Maybe after I get the money rolling I'll pick up one like that.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf