Author Topic: Atten oscilloscope firmware????  (Read 66328 times)

Offline kgavionicsTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Atten oscilloscope firmware????
« on: June 07, 2012, 12:08:50 pm »
hi
i want to know where i can find the latest firmware version for my atten 1102cal+, i've searched on their site but i didn't find a place to download the firmware.
can some one help me please?

Offline Bored@Work

• Super Contributor
Re: Atten oscilloscope firmware????
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 12:28:36 pm »
Somewhere on this side http://www.atten.com.cn/help.aspx?channelid=12&title=%E8%81%94%E7%B3%BB%E6%96%B9%E5%BC%8F is a telephone number for instrument after-sales support.

Or try this http://www.atten.com.cn/GuestbookSay.aspx

Don't expect to get any answer. But if you provide them with your email, don't be surprised should you be spammed to death by all sorts of strange Chinese spammers.
I delete PMs unread. If you have something to say, say it in public.
For all else: Profile->[Modify Profile]Buddies/Ignore List->Edit Ignore List

Offline zeeglen

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 04:38:47 am »
to kgavionics:

If your current firmware is version 3.01.0131R16  then this is the latest.  I have been complaining to Atten about the two Atten ADS1102CAL scopes we just purchased - these are the buggiest scopes I've ever seen, and I've been using scopes for 45 years.  Both have the same set of problems, and one will not display reference waveforms.

All Atten tells me is they are sorry for the problems, but no firmware update exists.

Moral - you buy a cheap scope, you get a cheap scope.

Offline Crackn

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2012, 04:03:48 am »
hi
i want to know where i can find the latest firmware version for my atten 1102cal+, i've searched on their site but i didn't find a place to download the firmware.

Hello,

i searched a lot for the same information and no one at atten returned my emails.

then i opened the scope and discovered that is was a siglent model SDS1102CNL (ADS1102CAL+)
so I searched at siglent and discovered that siglent provide firmwares upgrades for digital scopes.

the latest version for our model at siglent site is: 3.01.01.31R17
remember that you can NOT backup your atten firmware so this firmware xchange is one way only.

if you want to go further, you can buy the memory IC (IS61LPS51236A-200TQLI) and just solder it to the scope board and in place of model CNL you upgrade it to model CML so you will go from 40k memory to 2m memory upgrade. the latest firmware to this one is 3.01.01.31R18.

cheers,

Gustavo

Offline sdaau

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2013, 03:51:19 pm »
Hi Gustavo,

Many thanks for posting about your experience with Siglent firmware for the Atten - I was wondering about this:
then i opened the scope and discovered that is was a siglent model SDS1102CNL (ADS1102CAL+)

I have an Atten ADS1202CL+, and I just tried opening it; I got to the two PCBs, and that is documented in the post Atten ADS1202CL+ (partial) teardown.

While I can see "Siglent" on those two PCBs - I can, unfortunately, only see markings such as   "CA_M_111000", "SAT7.820.6810" or "SAT7.820.631H"; that is, nothing like "SDSXXXXYYY" to indicate a particular oscilloscope model from Siglent.

Can you please clarify how did you arrive at the conclusion that ADS1102CAL+ maps to SDS1102CNL? Is there a possibility that I can find an "SDSXXXXYYY" marking if I continue to disassemble the scope further? If so, where could I expect to see a marking like that?

Edit: second question: on my scope, when you go to Utility/System Status, it says (among other things): "Product type:     ADS1202CL+"; I'm guessing you had ADS1102CAL+ written here with the original firmware. What does your scope say there now, after being flashed with Siglent firmware?

Many thanks in advance for any answers,
Cheers!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 04:04:32 pm by sdaau »

Offline Crackn

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2013, 05:49:55 am »

Can you please clarify how did you arrive at the conclusion that ADS1102CAL+ maps to SDS1102CNL? Is there a possibility that I can find an "SDSXXXXYYY" marking if I continue to disassemble the scope further? If so, where could I expect to see a marking like that?

Second question: on my scope, when you go to Utility/System Status, it says (among other things): "Product type:     ADS1202CL+"; I'm guessing you had ADS1102CAL+ written here with the original firmware. What does your scope say there now, after being flashed with Siglent firmware?

Hello,

you will not find information about models on the pcbs because many models uses the same board. mine uses the same board as yours.

one way to identify is to verify the format of the firmware models like my ADS1102CAL+ uses same firmware version format that SDS1102CNL and CML the diference is only the memory IC.

check if your dso firmware is something like: 1.02.06.02P15R2. one good point for you is that siglent have just one model of 1202 (SDS1202CNL) the L in case of siglent stands for wide screen.

Second question:

my Atten ADS1102CAL+ after the update to Siglent Firmware shows:

Software Version 3.01.01.31R17
Hardware Version 10-61-3.3
Product Type SDS1102CNL
Serial No. ADS0000XXXXXXX (Note that searial stills ADSXXXX)

Obs. Remember that Atten don't supply firmware upgrades so if you upgrade to siglent firmware, it's a no way back trip. Don't do it if you haven't absolute sure that the firmware is good for your model !!!

cheers

Gustavo
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 05:54:37 am by Crackn »

Offline sdaau

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2013, 08:03:22 am »
Hi Gustavo,

Just wanted to say many, many thanks:

you will not find information about models on the pcbs because many models uses the same board. mine uses the same board as yours.
Second question:

my Atten ADS1102CAL+ after the update to Siglent Firmware shows:

... for the answers!

check if your dso firmware is something like: 1.02.06.02P15R2. one good point for you is that siglent have just one model of 1202 (SDS1202CNL) the L in case of siglent stands for wide screen.

Thanks for the info; my ADS1202CL+ reports in Utility/System Status:
Software version: 3.01.01.31R16
Hardware version: 10-61-2.4
Product type:     ADS1202CL+

and the installation of EasyScope from CD is "Atten EasyScope_V300R001B03D01P11_EN". I'm not sure where to look for the match for 1.02.06.02P15R2; your "Software Version" 3.01.01.31R17 would correspond to my 3.01.01.31R16 - and your  "Hardware Version" 10-61-3.3 would correspond to my 10-61-2.4

Obs. Remember that Atten don't supply firmware upgrades so if you upgrade to siglent firmware, it's a no way back trip. Don't do it if you haven't absolute sure that the firmware is good for your model !!!

Thanks - this is the reason why I still haven't tried anything (out of fear I'll brick the device) :)

Thanks again,
Cheers!

Offline fjstuden

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2013, 01:36:17 am »
I must have been lucky, they answered my e-mail inquiry asking if I had latest SW and HW in mine, purchased in Dec 2012.

Please check the reply from our engineer,

I checked the version of the software ,it is the newest version,your problem is ok ,because the machine works on channel 1 By default;

Best Regards

Tinna

I had asked if SOftware 5.01.02.13 and Hardware 11-62-3.3

on ADS1102CAL+ was the latest.

Only complaint I have on this is when triggering off channel 1
with 2 channels, when you remove or change signal on channel 2
the channel 2 signal remains !  You must move horiz or vert gain or somthing to get it to remove and then display again.

I can live with it but need it fixed

Offline fjstuden

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2013, 01:46:34 am »
Just to clarify, here is photo of the actual readout of the version since mine don't seem to match some of the others listed here.  As of Feb 2013, they claim this is the latest.

The email address my reply came from was atten@atten.com.cn

Offline MrsR

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2013, 09:47:59 pm »
hi
Tinna is a girl working at ATTEN in Asia some where, I asked the same things you did and I got an email back asking to make my questions "More Simple Please"
If you need help go to ATTEN.EU, they are very helpful and if you email them nice they will really try to help.
ALL THE BEST
Rachael :-+

Offline Crackn

• Contributor
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2013, 06:27:46 am »
Hey guys,

I just update my ATTEN ADS-1102CAL+ (Siglent SDS-1102CNL) to the new
Siglent's firmware version 5.01.02.13.

my Hardware is revision 11-61-3.3

I just followed the update procedures:

first update firmware...
reboot
update cfg file...
reboot
do a Self Cal on utility menu

working great.

cheers

Gustavo

Offline loszi

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2013, 05:35:04 pm »
Hi Gustavo,

I read your previous post about memory upgrade of atten ADS1102CAL+.
I have almost same version (hw: 11-62-3.3, sw: 5.01.02.13) of  scope, so I'd like to ask you if you managed to
add more memory to your scope, or it was just a theory?

Thank you: Loszi

Offline delacvi

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2013, 08:54:39 pm »
hello,

I just updated mine :
ADS-1102CAL
Hardware is revision 11-61-3.3 
old firm :3.01.01.31R16 new 5.01.02.13

Works great too !  :-+
Inow own a siglent.... >:D
I would like to know if someone really added the memory chip as Gustavo suggested ?

regards
Vince

Offline Micuss

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2013, 08:38:25 am »
Hi all.
First ,excuse me for my poor english ;).

I updated the firmware of my ADS-1102CAL too ,and investigate the driver usbtmc(I am a Linux user), I discover this firmware is  Lecroy.
If I send to scope "*IDN?"  to scope it respond Siglent ......
But ,if I send :TEMPLATE? it respond:
/00
   000000              WAVEACE:  TEMPLATE
                    8 66 111
;
; Explanation of the formats of waveforms and their descriptors on the
; LeCroy Digital Oscilloscopes,
;     Software Release 8.1.0, 11/03/06.
;
..........., and more data.

Best regards.

Juan.

PD:A command set can see in http://cdn.teledynelecroy.com/files/manuals/wm-rcm-e_rev_d.pdf manual
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 08:47:37 pm by Micuss »

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2013, 03:45:02 am »
hi guys
i just updated my oscilloscope via siglent website ( file SDS1000CNL_Update (5.01.02.13)) , now the oscilloscope is working but it doesn't show any brand neither siglent or atten just a black screen when it's rebooting.
the version shown is 5.01.02.13 and my hardware version is still  10-61-3.3 is something wrong with it?

Offline Stonent

• Super Contributor
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2013, 04:31:14 am »
Is the scope otherwise working fine?
The larger the government, the smaller the citizen.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2013, 05:03:00 pm »
yes it is.
by the way i found a solution, by updating the cfg file provided with update.now every thing seems to be ok,but i have a little concern because the hardware revision is always the same  (10-61-3.3) not 11-61-3.3 like delacvi said in this thread.how can i upgrade the hardware version if it's possible?

thank you in advance guys

Offline Stonent

• Super Contributor
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2013, 08:12:10 pm »
Change to newer hardware.
The larger the government, the smaller the citizen.

Offline bxs

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2013, 04:04:02 pm »
(...),but i have a little concern because the hardware revision is always the same  (10-61-3.3) not 11-61-3.3 like delacvi said in this thread.how can i upgrade the hardware version if it's possible?

The hardware version like the name says it's the hardware, you can't update it by a FW update, for that you need to by a new scope  :-DD

EDIT:
By the way, if you are worried about you hardware version, look at mine  ;D :
hardware version:
5-41-2.0
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 04:10:05 pm by bxs »

Offline rf-loop

• Super Contributor
  • Born in Finland with DLL21 in hand
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2013, 07:45:11 am »
yes it is.
by the way i found a solution, by updating the cfg file provided with update.now every thing seems to be ok,but i have a little concern because the hardware revision is always the same  (10-61-3.3) not 11-61-3.3 like delacvi said in this thread.how can i upgrade the hardware version if it's possible?

thank you in advance guys

You find solution...  .cfg file needed also
This solution do not need "find". It reads exactly in upgrade instructions.
How you have made upgrade without these two phases what read exatly in upgrade instructions.

About HW version.

Also it reads in manual (least in Siglent manual). Why write manuals if no one read these. ;)
There is also available service manual (not  CLIP included)). Manuals also explains what are these numbers.
First two digits (in these scopes typically today newest what I know for these models is 11) is PCB version.

So, for upgrade this, you can buy new main board from Siglent. It is so easy.

Oh well but why buy Atten if want then all support from Siglent.
Perhaps Siglent is better to write new agreenment with Atten where is clearly defined who is responsible to arrange after sales customer care for OEM/ODM products.

I recommend for Siglent that they implement brand and model check for FW upgrade procedure  for avoid potential problems in future.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 08:18:38 am by rf-loop »
I drive a LEC (low el. consumption) BEV car. Smoke exhaust pipes - go to museum. In Finland quite all electric power is made using nuclear, wind, solar and water.

Wises must compel the mad barbarians to stop their crimes against humanity. Where have the wises gone?

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2013, 03:10:46 am »
did the upadate of my cfg file and now everything is allright

thank you guys

Offline Jebnor

• Regular Contributor
  • Absolutely! Yes, kind of, sort of, not really, no.
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2013, 07:58:49 pm »
Just for the record, I just did the Siglent SDS1000CNL_Update v5.01.02.13 on my Atten ADS1102CAL (not +) HWversion 11-62-3.3.  No issue.   I just followed the instruction in the Readme.bmp included with the Siglent download.

Thanks all.
Before this, there was a typo.

Offline Molybdo42

• Contributor
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2013, 12:36:53 pm »
Thanks for this solution !

I also did the update (SDS1000CNL_Update_EN) but on a lower spec oscilloscope :
Atten ADS 1062CAL 60MHz two channels 1GSa/s
firm version 3.01.01313->5.01.02.13
Hw version 6-41.2.1

In my case the Siglent boot screen only appeared after second reboot (or after loading the .cfg file + reboot ?) and it now shows a product type SDS106X.
Basic functions work ok, didn't notice any issues.

Offline Jebnor

• Regular Contributor
  • Absolutely! Yes, kind of, sort of, not really, no.
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2013, 01:45:28 pm »
In my case the Siglent boot screen only appeared after second reboot (or after loading the .cfg file + reboot ?)

It was the same for me.  It appears the bootscreen in is in the .cfg file.
Before this, there was a typo.

Offline Crackn

• Contributor
Atten oscilloscope firmware????
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2013, 04:16:30 am »
Hello, a small follow up about the memory upgrade. After 7 months, I finally ordered the ISSI memory chip from a guy at aliexpress.
I am still waiting for the chip to arrive but i will share the experiment here.

Stay tuned.

Cheers,

Gustavo

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf