Author Topic: Beginner DSO  (Read 1954 times)

Offline mlapagliaTopic starter

Beginner DSO
« on: August 17, 2014, 01:36:09 am »
I've always wanted to get a scope for personal use. I do hobby rc quadcopters and I love tearing things apart when they don't work to figure out what's wrong. Big fan of eevblog's youtube I could watch the channel for hours.

I want to learn how to become proficient with a modern day scope, and am looking into studying up with one from online resources. The purchase of a scope has been on my back burner for some time but a (i think) awesome opportunity has come up.

Recently a Agilent MSO-X 2012A appeared in my area. It's only been used once and comes with a water proof case for carrying/storage. He is asking $750 for it. I see it retails for over 1k and think this is a pretty nice price considering it's practically brand new.

For a beginner user like myself this seems like a nice scope to learn on. I watched through #143, the review of the 2024a and am wondering if anyone had advice on if this scope would be good for my case.

Thanks!

Offline TimNJ

• Super Contributor
Re: Beginner DSO
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 04:28:24 am »
MSO-2012A??

If he's asking $750 for a fully functioning MSO-2012A, that is a steal. That thing retails close to $2,500. And they don't drop in market value too much if they are used, so hell...you could probably even resell it if you had a reason to.

Offline mlapagliaTopic starter

Re: Beginner DSO
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2014, 06:21:24 am »
That's what I was thinking... Maybe it is stolen lol.. That's prey darn cheap.. I'll have him turn it on and test the probes with the test signals but it even comes with a nice water proof case.. He is moving though maybe he just needs some cash..

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf