Author Topic: Beginners, don't run away, please!  (Read 16943 times)

Offline Distelzombie

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Beginners, don't run away, please!
« Reply #100 on: April 09, 2018, 11:30:06 am »
The "don't worry about it" feels like [read it as Australien Rick] "Mhm, you little pesky thing. Aren't you a feisty one? Look at ALL the questions you got. So many questions. Mhm?! In one little head. Your stupid little head! YOUR F-ING STUPID HEAD!" and then he threatens to kill you, reassuringly.

Offline oldway

• Super Contributor
  • !
Re: Beginners, don't run away, please!
« Reply #101 on: April 09, 2018, 12:50:57 pm »
The Internet is a real battlefield, whether on social networks or forums.
Whoever uses the Internet must know it and get used to it, otherwise it is not the EEV blog forum  he has to run, but all the Internet in general.

Personally, I find that this forum is particularly well moderated and one of the most correct that can be found.

So, I see no reason to apologize to anyone.

On the other hand, I would like to remind the beginners that they should follow some principles to be well received, what they often neglect to do:

- a short presentation with their level of knowledge and interests.

- ask a question clearly and in sufficient detail so that we can answer it

- Refrain from asking questions on subjects where projects are daring and incompatible with their level of knowledge. A beginner should not work with voltages higher than 50V unless he demonstrates sufficient knowledge to do so without risk....For exemple, an electrician can be a beginner in electronics and have enough knowledge of safety to work with 230V .

- accept the answers and do not interpret them as deliberately negative: the electronics may not be as simple as they think.

- remember that we are all volunteers and that we are not at their disposal to develop projects tailored to their desires ... If some members do, sacrificing their personal time, it is pure kindness and they have no oblgation to do it.

- finally, a small thank you for the answers never hurts ....

The following users thanked this post: tpowell1830

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf