Author Topic: Bird Box Camera Wiring  (Read 2859 times)

Offline tiger102Topic starter

Bird Box Camera Wiring
« on: January 29, 2016, 02:13:35 pm »
Hi. Hope someone can help. We just switched on our bird box camera for the first time since last season and there is no picture or sound. I disconnected the camera at the nesting box, connected it direct to the TV scart and - success! Perfect sound and picture, so the problem is obviously with the 30 m extension lead that came from the same supplier. There was some moisture at the nestbox connector so I decided to remove the din plugs and splice each of the four colour-coded wires in each (camera and lead). The problem is that the colours do not match precisely. On the extension lead there are 4 wires: red, yellow, white and a bare multistrand wire. The camera lead also has 4 - red, yellow, white and black. In my ignorance, I thought the three similar colours should be matched, and I twisted together the red, yellow and white. This left the black and bare, which I also connected. No joy. Is it possible that the matching colours that I have paired do not go together? Am I right in thinking that the lead carries (separately) the power to the camera, an audio connection (two wires?) and a video connection( two?) or is one of them common? As you can tell, my knowledge of electronics is negligible. Apart from trying the various permutations (if the colours do not match) my only other option would appear to be to reconnect the camera to its din plug, then replace the extension lead? Would be very grateful for any help. My better half is hoping we can get the nesting box camera up and running before the new season begins. Thanks. Tim PS. The camera is a "Homenet" product, "Birdbox 53547 BC-100"
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 02:23:35 pm by tiger102 »

Offline Kleinstein

• Super Contributor
Re: Bird Box Camera Wiring
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2016, 02:53:07 pm »
The bare wire is very likely ground and / or shielding. This is comon and likely the negative side of the supply. So there is likely one wire for audio and one for the video signal.

So the big question is which wires will be the supply - if audio and video signal are mixed up you will hear a humming sound, but mixing up the supply might damage the camera an possibly even the TV.

So you might have to check the chopped of part / conection from one cable to the other.

Offline tiger102Topic starter

Re: Bird Box Camera Wiring
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2016, 04:06:32 pm »
Many thanks for that

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf