Author Topic: Bluetooth computer headset design  (Read 789 times)

Offline Mike MairTopic starter

Bluetooth computer headset design
« on: July 16, 2018, 12:25:22 pm »
Hi all,
I want to design a Bluetooth headset module using the CSR 8635 chip.
Where do I start? Is the chip available in a pre-programmed version for this application that just works or must I learn to program it?
Please help as I am new to this technology.

Offline tooki

• Super Contributor
Re: Bluetooth computer headset design
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2018, 06:40:05 pm »
If I google “CSR 8635”, the search results include a long discussion on these forums, ready-to-buy modules, etc. Have you done any research yourself? Cuz we aren’t here to do your basic homework for you. Why don’t you research on your own and then come back with concrete questions?

Offline Mike MairTopic starter

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2018, 07:55:19 am »
I looked at the information before posting but could not work out the programming side of things as I am a beginner with this.
I made a USB adapter with a chip that did not require any programming which is why I asked the question.
I was hoping to find someone who has done this before and could simply say yes or no to the programming question.
Sorry that you feel that I am trying to get you to do this for me, not my intention at all.

Offline Buriedcode

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2018, 01:02:09 pm »
As tooki suggested, by far teh easiest and cheapest way to go aobut this - if you really want to make one yourself and not buy one for $10 - is to buy a "module" from amazon or ebay. 

These often come on breakout boards making prototyping easier, and just require a microphone, speaker, and power supply, perhaps a couple of buttons.  I assume your "USB adapter" is the CSR-SPI type made with a FT232R - that can indeed be used with csr8635 modules to change the configuration (which is stored on the module in EEPROM), the chip itself isn't programmable, they are generally ROM's.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf