Author Topic: Breadboard from Aliexpress with banana plugs  (Read 1505 times)

Offline ergyaTopic starter

• Contributor
Breadboard from Aliexpress with banana plugs
« on: October 09, 2018, 06:32:33 pm »
Hi Everyone, I bougth a (let's just say) relatively cheap large breadboard with "external plugs" from AliExpress and I have a question. I took a picture:
from the back of the panel because I surprised that the back of the plugs are actually not covered (insulated). Is this normal (speaking of for example an "expensive" breadboard)? Especially because according to the package it can "whitstand" 300V/3-5A  :-DD. I am just curious I will never let this much voltage/current through the breadboard but are there breadboards (let's assume not from China) which can indeed allow this much voltage/current flow trough it?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 06:36:21 pm by ergya »

Offline tooki

• Super Contributor
Re: Breadboard from Aliexpress with banana plugs
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2018, 06:46:08 pm »
I don’t doubt that the binding post/banana jack can handle that. But I certainly wouldn’t do it when installed into the metal baseplate of the breadboard!!! :p

As an aside, maybe someone can explain to me what good such binding posts are on a breadboard. How do you guys use them? I’ve not found them to be especially helpful, since they’re not wired to anything on the breadboard itself. Do you just run a jumper from the binding post to a power rail? (I’ve done that and it’s just rarely as practical as the banana-to-male-jumper cables I built.)

Offline Nusa

• Super Contributor
Re: Breadboard from Aliexpress with banana plugs
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2018, 09:27:16 pm »
There's no one right way, but the most common is probably to install wire jumpers from the binding posts to breadboard power rails, then to use banana cords between the binding posts and the lab power supply or supplies. Which makes it easier to disconnect and put aside when you need the lab supply for something else.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf