Author Topic: Build an Cam?  (Read 13754 times)

Offline Lord of nothingTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Re: Build an Cam?
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2016, 08:42:05 pm »
Look for LTE or WCDMA maybe.
you know that the Window are metal coated? The block the Signal. The other thing is next to the Railway Track is the coverage poor. The best thing is when I use the Wifi onboard. When the Company allow me to do this i will talk to then for an dedicated upload speed.

You talk about professional things. How does the Youtuber do it now? The quality of there videos are good.

ok the SSD have no SAS or SATA Port how to run with an Raid Controller?
Made in Japan, destroyed in Sulz im Wienerwald.

Offline BravoV

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2016, 08:53:53 pm »

So its possible to build my own Cam with?
I know its not like Lego....  :-DD

So what is required for that?
My idea is ........

Simple question, as you started this in Beginner section ...

What is your current skillset and experience in electronics and optical ? Your current equipments ?

Clue about that will save lots of useless posts ....
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 08:58:13 pm by BravoV »

• Super Contributor
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2016, 09:06:14 pm »
What is your current skillset and experience in electronics and optical ? Your current equipments ?
none  :-//  :-[
I watch LinusTechTips videos
me to.  :-+

@blueskull
I will search for all when i am back home.

Offline Kilrah

• Supporter
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2016, 11:23:38 am »
You talk about professional things. How does the Youtuber do it now? The quality of there videos are good.
Again there are many ways to do things. What you asked for (broadcast quality 4K, low compression, many hours of recording...) WILL require multi-thousand $ professional gear. As surprising as it may sound many youtubers do have access to that kind of equipment to work with.

You could also take 2 smartphones, one recording 4K to a 250GB SD card and the other filming the same thing but only doing the streaming and have something to work on, maybe not that long a recording... but meh.

A decent semi-pro solution would be to take a good camera like a Sony A7S + lens and power supply (maybe ~$2.5k total), and record ProRes externally to an Atomos Ninja Flame with a 2TB SSD and power supply (~$2.3k total). Then connect a Teradek VidiU web streaming encoder to the Ninja's loopback output ($700).
That will give you the high dynamic range 4K camera with the best cost/quality ratio, ability to record many hours of high quality log footage for best possible post-production capability, as well as stream a color-corrected version of the footage for pretty cheap in the field.

The equipment can obviously be rented, you don't need to buy 6k of equipment (+another 10k of you want 2 more cam/recording sets in addition to the main cam/recording/streaming set) to do a 2-day project. Most video productions use rented gear, they won't buy something for just one project.

Any less than that and you're quite unlikely to have someone accept your project. They want to be confident about the quality and reliability of what they will do/get, and it's not with a DIY solution with a hacked up RPi that you'll get that when there's perfectly good gear out there to do it. Pro jobs want trusted Pro gear.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 11:26:14 am by Kilrah »

• Super Contributor
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2016, 10:57:33 am »
I see its better when I start first the Training.  :-//

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf