Author Topic: Buying my first digital osciloscope need help picking one  (Read 1615 times)

Offline DarkZeroTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
i can only buy from my country which is serbia and choices here are very limited, i have ~300 eur i can spend for a new one ill link some that i think are similar specs and price and hope i can get some advice on which to buy

http://www.metroteh.rs/siglent-sds-1052dl-1
priced at 294eur warranty 3 years

http://www.3me.rs/portfolio-item/dso4000c-serija-4-kanalnih-osciloskopa-70-200mhz-integrisanim-signal-generatorom/
DSO4072C is the model and costs 330eur warranty 1 year

and thats all i could find in that price range really :/

Offline ataradov

• Super Contributor
    • Personal site
Re: Buying my first digital osciloscope need help picking one
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2018, 06:05:41 pm »
For about the same price you can get Rigol DS1054Z and 4 channels are really nice to have.
Alex

Offline karkoon

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2018, 01:34:13 am »
Hi

I am a hobbyist as well and lay year I bought my first oscilloscope.

I was torn between Siglent SDS-1202X-E and Rigol 1054z.

I chose at the time 200Mhz siglent and it is a beautiful scope. I enjoy using it all the time. Although at times I felt if I had third or fourth channel to use it will be better.

I never worked with a signal more than 20Mhz or 25Mhz. So I guess the extra bandwidth is just helping me showing the square wave more accurately! [emoji851]

Now in hindsight I would buy Rigol as 50Mhz is enough for me but I get more channels.

But in no way 2 channels are limiting at all. With two channels you can do everything which you need to do and get it done. So find your priorities and buy a scope. You will have tremendous fun.

Here is my video from last year recording my thoughts. Audio is poor but please bear with me.

Siglent SDS 1202X E

https://youtu.be/NyFwydu198k

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline V_King

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2018, 07:02:06 am »
a topic which never ends.

When I was buying my first DSO three years ago I went for the 100MHz Siglent (The newly released Rigol DS1054Z was £500 delivered at that time), lots of bandwidth, worked well for all my small amateur projects. A tad bit slow on the software side when you crank up both channels. What is interesting with those Siglents is that they gain value with age! I bought one for £260, sold for £340 after two years!

ataradov, where can you get Rigol DS1054Z for 300 eur with warranty?!

As a hobbyist I never had a need for more than two channels, but majority of my projects are digital and MCU based, so not much analog stuff.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2018, 03:54:45 pm »
since DS1054Z got good review by everyone that know about it and the fact i can get one for 340eur in serbia with 2 years warranty made me decide to get one seems like a nice scope for the money

thx for suggesting that one to me !

Offline hwj-d

• Frequent Contributor
  • save the children - chase the cabal
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2018, 04:19:08 pm »
If you choose DS1054Z, don't forget to youtube "riglol"
 :)

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2018, 06:46:24 pm »
i did google it but im too afraid to try it hehe 340eur is hard to come by in serbia XD

Online Old Printer

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2018, 06:54:29 pm »
i did google it but im too afraid to try it hehe 340eur is hard to come by in serbia XD

I would not be in any rush to do that, you might never need any more than 50 MHZ.

Offline karkoon

• Contributor
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2018, 03:31:23 am »

I would not be in any rush to do that, you might never need any more than 50 MHZ.

Very true. When I bought 200Mhz scope I thought more bandwidth is always better. And now I know it is only useful for showing square wave better. Which also doesn’t matter for a tinkerer like me.

50Mhz is all a hobbyist of my kind ever needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf