Author Topic: Cable to power multiple devices from a power bank  (Read 1701 times)

Offline JRLTopic starter

Cable to power multiple devices from a power bank
« on: November 30, 2016, 08:07:03 pm »
Hi all

Firstly, I hope this is an appropriate question for the forum, I'm a newbie so not sure if this sort of thing is covered. If not appologies.

I'm a location sound mixer some of the time and want to stop using up batteries so am looking at rechargeable options. One of them is a power bank.

I want to power a portable audio device (Zoom F4) and a radio mic receiver. The recorder has a hirose connector (product info says HIROSE HR10A-7R-4S 4-pin connector (1 pin: ?, 4 pin: +), 9–16 V) and so I think it requires 12VDC. The Lectrosonics radio mic receiver requires a 6-18VDC 150mA - 75Ma. I was hoping to get a Y splitter cable made up that goes from the one Power Bank source to the 2 separate VDC inputs.

I don't want to know how to do this, as if it can be done I'll get an expert to make it for me as I'm not the best at soldering, I'd just like to know if it can be done. Is this possible?

Also any advice on what minimum specs that the power bank should have would be appreciated? I'm assuming that I the bigger the mAh rating just means it'll last longer?

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers
Jason

Offline Ysjoelfir

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Cable to power multiple devices from a power bank
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2016, 04:09:49 pm »
I guess that the best thing you could get would be one of those powerbanks which allow you to switch to different output voltages. Otherwise you could consider taking a standard powerbank and attach a switchmode power supply, i.e. a step up boost converter, to its output and controll it so that it outputs 12V, and attach some wires to it that connect to your devices.
This can be done by nearly everyone who knows which side of the soldering iron gets hot :)
Greetings, Kai \ Ysjoelfir

Offline JRLTopic starter

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2016, 10:50:01 pm »
Danke. I'll do some more research and watch my fingers while soldering! ;)

Offline Ysjoelfir

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2016, 08:38:07 am »
if you have any questions or if my post wasn't clear, please feel free to ask :) have fun with your Project!
Greetings, Kai \ Ysjoelfir

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf