Author Topic: can teensy 3.0 or above run fingerprint scanner fps gt-511c1r?  (Read 1893 times)

Offline akashmittalTopic starter

I have an fps gt-511c1r fingerprint scanner module. I want to know whether i can run it using teensy 3.0 or above?
I have already tried it successfully using arduino uno.

Offline rstofer

• Super Contributor
Re: can teensy 3.0 or above run fingerprint scanner fps gt-511c1r?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2016, 02:48:48 pm »
No reason why not, all it takes is TTL serial.

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2016, 12:23:53 pm »
The led blink sketch for the fingerprint scanner uploads successfully on the teensy 3.2 board, but there is no response from the fingerprint scanner:( I also tried powering it with 3.3v arduino uno and it worked. So why is it not working with the teensy board? Even when the sketch uploads successfully?

Offline rstofer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2016, 02:07:57 pm »
Well, it would seem that there is something wrong with the teensy code.  Or, maybe there are multiple USARTs brought out and you're not connected to the right one.  I think I would start looking at that first.  I can see a scenario where they would use a secondary port for the scanner and leave a primary port for the console connection.

You're probably going to have to tear into the teensy code and see what it is actually doing.

You have an advantage:  You know the scanner works with the Arduino so the issue isn't with the scanner.  Half the battle is over!

Offline ianriley0

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2016, 03:02:11 pm »
From the datasheet, it looks like looks like the scanner only works down to 3.3V; are you sure that the voltage supplied to the sensor by the teensy isn't drooping under load?

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2016, 08:02:29 pm »
maybe problem lies in the library of the fingerprint scanner. The .cpp file uses software serial. But teensy already has a bunch of hardware serial uart pins.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf