Author Topic: Can you help identify this Schematic Capture Program?  (Read 1254 times)

Offline TurboSamTopic starter

• Contributor
Can you help identify this Schematic Capture Program?
« on: February 22, 2018, 04:36:58 am »
http://So I was looking around for circuits to help me learn a few thing and try them on my new DS-1054Z, and I came across a YouTube video that creates a circuit and tests it with an oscilloscope on line that looked pretty interesting--a least to me.  I have no idea if the program is a professional/corporate program or something suited to a hobbyist (like me), and I have searched hi and lo for what it is.

I am reluctant to post a link to the video since I don't want to be accused of driving traffic to a video that, at this point, has ~1000 hits, 4 likes, 2 dislikes, and no comments.

This is a screen of the program, so I am hoping someone can help me identify it:

Thanks.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 04:49:50 am by TurboSam »
Paralysis by analysis.

Offline PlainName

• Super Contributor
Re: Can you help identify this Schematic Capture Program?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2018, 05:10:07 am »
It is either Proteus or Isis (the forerunner of Proteus) from Labcenter:

https://www.labcenter.com/

Unfortunately, they seem to have been suckered by a 'web designer' and the site it now useless. But try this:

Library brochure

Offline TurboSamTopic starter

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2018, 05:52:34 am »
First, let me say that I mistakenly posted this the wrong forum, and I have not re-posted it in Beginners.  I have also tried to remove it from here (unsuccessfully), and will try again.

You are right:  I couldn't make out the ISIS logo--it looked like LSLS to me, but it was ISIS Schematic Capture Program now evidently part of the Proteus Design Suite--which is little too sweet for my takes or needs.

Thanks....and moderator, sorry this was posted here!
Paralysis by analysis.

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2018, 08:08:44 am »
First, let me say that I mistakenly posted this the wrong forum, and I have not re-posted it in Beginners.  I have also tried to remove it from here (unsuccessfully), and will try again.

You can't remove it.  Members cannot delete the first post of any of their threads.  It is the anchor for the thread and if the first post goes, so would every other post in the thread - including posts by other members.  That's just not right.

You can delete subsequent replies, but not the original post.

Nobody will be too worried about it being in the wrong place.  The best thing is to just forget about this thread.  It will slide down into oblivion soon enough.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 08:10:19 am by Brumby »

Online Ian.M

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2018, 08:24:54 am »
No worries - You are obviously a beginner and wanted to ID the simulator so you could get it and learn, so IMHO it was an appropriate subforum.

If you just want to simulate circuits, consider using LTspice.   Its a fully featured SPICE simulator (although with a somewhat clunky UI), freeware from Linear Technology (now part of Analog Devices), and is probably the most popular for sharing analog circuit ideas in electronics forums.  Dave's done several EEVblog videos on it and there are a lot of topics about it here.  There's also an active Yahoo user group.

It doesn't have cute virtual instruments to display stuff directly on your schematic, wont help you design or layout a PCB, and its facilities for simulating digital components are limited (simple gates simulated in analog domain - no MCUs etc.), but if you learn to use one traditional SPICE package like LTspice you'll have little difficulty adapting to any other.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 08:26:27 am by Ian.M »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf