Author Topic: Cheap DMM - Uni-T UT890D  (Read 4435 times)

Offline LEDAeroTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Cheap DMM - Uni-T UT890D
« on: March 31, 2015, 12:55:03 am »
I just bought my Dad a new multimeter to replace his old broken down one.

He says it's great and much better than the one he broke. (he also has a 30 year old Fluke, but says he is too old to get it fixed... he only needs one to last 5 years :) ) He is an EE of significant vintage - but completely analogue until only a couple of years ago.

It is a Uni-T 890D - 6000-count, True RMS and the best part - $13.99.

I recently bought a Uni-T UT61E and am very pleased with it, but it cost 4x what this one does. I am going to order one as my 'garage' meter.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2015-New-arrival-UNI-T-Digital-Multimeter-manual-range-true-RMS-tRMS-REL-AC-DC-frequency/32283150142.html

It was packed well, shipped fast and arrived in NZ in about ten days. It did have a Chinese manual with it, but the vendor is sending me the link to the English manual. I will post the link here.

It has CE / CAT.II 1000V / CAT.III 600V certification (if you believe that stuff)

It looks like a good beginners meter on a budget.

Offline retiredcaps

• Super Contributor
Re: Cheap DMM - Uni-T UT890D
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 01:29:13 am »
(he also has a 30 year old Fluke, but says he is too old to get it fixed... he only needs one to last 5 years :)
If you want to try and fix his old Fluke, start a new thread and I will try to help.  You will need to post the model number and state what is wrong with it.

Offline LEDAeroTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Re: Cheap DMM - Uni-T UT890D
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 07:58:03 am »
(he also has a 30 year old Fluke, but says he is too old to get it fixed... he only needs one to last 5 years :)
If you want to try and fix his old Fluke, start a new thread and I will try to help.  You will need to post the model number and state what is wrong with it.

He's about 7500km from me, but I will get the info from him. Thanks  :-+

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf